Coffee Filter Conspiracy ?

It's worth the pain to me, but then again, I'm a wee bit obsessed. I keep the beans in the dark until time to grind, double filter the water, carefully measure an ounce of coffee (by weight) for every 16 oz water, let the water heat in the electric kettle to 195 degrees, and never ever let it steep over 4.5 minutes. How's that for obsessed?

That's a cup of coffee I would like to try!

The lower basket is what we have in our Cuisinart , but the paper filters you put in it , #2 or #4 ; I don't recall , are shorter than they used to be..

Point is, why use the paper filters if you have the permanent mesh one already?

- OS

Coffee is vile

You can't possibly have had good coffee then. ;) Coffee, like every other beverage runs the gambit even when fresh and roasted by someone experienced.

e79c6351.jpg

That's how I roll!

Amen. The press is definitely the way to roll when it comes to coffee.

It's worth the pain to me, but then again, I'm a wee bit obsessed. I keep the beans in the dark until time to grind, double filter the water, carefully measure an ounce of coffee (by weight) for every 16 oz water, let the water heat in the electric kettle to 195 degrees, and never ever let it steep over 4.5 minutes. How's that for obsessed?

Sounds about right to me. :yum:

You can't possibly have had good coffee then. ;) Coffee, like every other beverage runs the gambit even when fresh and roasted by someone experienced.

I have. Gourmet to home brew. It's the greatest disappointment in the beverage world. It smells divine, and then, sip, :yuck: it's bitter cråp. Try to fix it with creme or sugar just makes it worse. I've tried it several times, I always pour it in the trash and get a YooHoo.

• Like 1

I have. Gourmet to home brew. It's the greatest disappointment in the beverage world. It smells divine, and then, sip, :yuck: it's bitter cråp. Try to fix it with creme or sugar just makes it worse. I've tried it several times, I always pour it in the trash and get a YooHoo.

I have to agree with Caster and Mike on this one. The worst drink in the beverage world is that malt stuff down in South America or something that tastes like cardboard, VitaMalt maybe? Can't remember. Edited by gjohnsoniv
Guest 6.8 AR

Everything they have has the same weird aftertaste, I usually stop by the mom & pop coffee shops. It all costs you more than dinner does, so they should start including some tylenol with your drink to help ease the pain.

That's true. But the wife has her say. She's addicted. I think there are two Starbuck's at St. Thomas. I'd lose the battle.

I buy guns. She buys Starbuck's.

I have my own conspiracy theory that those trackgeorge.com bills are actually an IRS scheme to be able to follow every single paper money bill in America and make it impossible for anyone to cheat on their taxes.

I have my own conspiracy theory that those trackgeorge.com bills are actually an IRS scheme to be able to follow every single paper money bill in America and make it impossible for anyone to cheat on their taxes.

How does this relate to coffee?
Point is, why use the paper filters if you have the permanent mesh one already?

The mesh filters also don't filter out the oils and other goodies that make the coffee taste better.

The wife bought a giant pack of filters at Sam's for me. Has like 1500 in the pack. The are almost too large. I think they may be for a Bunn.

At least you can use them for cleaning mirrors/windows. They leave almost no lint.

Real men don't remove the grounds with a press :pleased:

mmm...crunchy coffee