Camp Jordan Gun show 5/26-27th

Will anyone be going? I need brass and other various reloading gear, does anyone know if there may be anyone there selling LC brass etc? I normally buy from DLM but I need to resupply and I can't go to the Knoxville June show. Thanks in advance

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

I'm hoping to make it out there on Sunday, never been before. Does anyone know the hours? I can't seem to find a time listed anywhere for when it opens and closes.

Edit:

Nevermind, someone sent me a link and I finally found the times. :)

Edited by Victor9er

I've heard they have a good gunshow. I've never been there, but thinking about going on Saturday morning. Others say alot of individuals/soliders are trading/selling guns. I'm always looking for a good deal! I do need some reloading supplies too.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'll go unless something comes up to prevent it. Maybe some localities routinely have better gun shows, but IMO camp jordan is the best one in the chatt area.

The other shows are smaller and/or have less interesting selection, though occasionally have found thangs worth buying at all the shows. It doesn't seem generally likely to find fire-sale prices at any of the chatt shows unless you happen to be looking for something that nobody really wants. The occasional old cheap knives I buy-- Most folks probably don't want em or the price would be higher. If yer looking for something that a lot of folks want then the prices are probably gonna be high. If everybody is looking for small pistol primers, then the price of small pistol primers will probably be purty high.

But Camp Jordan has the best selection of the local shows. Best odds of finding something special you might otherwise have to mail-order. And there's always the chance of "hitting the lottery" and finding what you always wanted for nearly free. :)

I make a list of stuff to look for, and check local store and internet prices before going to the gun show. If a reloading vender at the show has brass cheaper than midway it might be worth buying, otherwise its just as easy to go back home and order from midway. On the other hand lately small pistol primers have been getting scarce again, so maybe even a high price on small pistol primers is real good, compared to not being able to buy any at all.

Been keeping an eye out for a good price on a Beretta Cheetah. Preferably one of the older single-stack models that will run cocked'n'locked, rather than most recent models that are decocker-only. Ideally a fire-sale price on an inox old-style cheetah in cherry condition. A fella can dream, can't he? :) I need a cheetah like a hole in the head so ain't gonna pay the retail price on one. Have seen a few cheetahs at the gun shows, but not the right one at the right price yet.

Lately been admiring S&W 27 and 327 and 627 revolvers. Especially the custom center 5" barrel models. Camp Jordan usually has a few dealers with a bunch of high-priced revolvers. If I see the right one might buy it even if its expensive, as long as it isn't any more expensive than other sources. Or maybe find the perfect one but decide I didn't really want it that bad after all.

Guest Travtastik

I will be there Saturday working a table with some buddies. I think the banner says Sand Mountain Armory or something like that.

Guest hickok45

So, this is a pretty good show? I was thinking of maybe driving down from Nashville. Never been to it before, but I can map it and find it.

Thanks,

Hickok45

Just get off I75 at Exit 1 just after the I24/I75 split. Stay in the left hand land and the entrance is on your left. Cowboys shoot at Mystery Dog Ranch the 3rd Saturday just down the road off of Wooten Road if you are ever close. We shoot at the Cleveland Club this weekend but I might end up at the show after.

Cherokee Slim

Guest Lester Weevils

So, this is a pretty good show? I was thinking of maybe driving down from Nashville. Never been to it before, but I can map it and find it.

Thanks,

Hickok45

If you go please let us know if you think it is a good show. It seems the best show around Chatt but possibly not so good compared to other areas. Never went to gun shows in nashville or knoxville. Maybe some of them are lots better.

That would be a good assessment. It is the biggest in Chattanooga, but much smaller than the Expo or Chilhowee in Knoxville, and at best the same size as the show at the Fairgrounds in Nashville. I have been taking a buddy of mine to a bunch of TN shows in the last couple years and that is what I found. The Armory show in Chatt is about the same as Camp Jordan and the Shriners Temple show has gotten quite a bit smaller than it used to be. I will be there on Saturday, possibly at a table.

Hickok45 make sure to take I75 south at the split and take the first exit. Then stay in the left lane on the exit ramp. Take a left at the end of the ramp across the interstate overpass. I believe the turn into Camp Jordan is the first turn to the left after the bridge.

Edited by madmarx

the last one i went to was a knife and beef jerky show. the gun prices were high and the other items were higher. tried to buy some primers, but the prices was 3x's the internet price w/haz mat fee. i might go on sunday, but as with all other chattanooga shows i can beat the prices somewhere else (local store and/or internet).

Guest Timpe

Usuall the best show in the area, need to watch out as with most show now a days the dealers don't want to give you anything for your weapon, if your trading, but i have had luck with the occasional good deal with cash. And there will be alot of walkers selling. Just depends on how they value their own wears. Most of the dealers think very highly of their stuff and not as much for yours unless it's green. I'll be there on Saturday brousing the tables.

Guest cardcutter

I got mugged walking in the door. A guy kept throwing money at me until I surrendered the Para LDA .45 I had with me. Not three tables down a guy forced me to take his feg copy of the Hi-Power 9MM for less than what I got for the LDA. I am fairly happy with this show.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm heading out to the show shortly. If you see an old fool wandering aimlessly it will probably be me.

I went today, it was a pretty good show. Typical gun show prices on everything, however I did find a dealer selling new pmags, standard NOT the windowed ones for 12 bucks each, so I picked up a couple of those. Also got a ak47 front sight tool.

Guest Lester Weevils

I got mugged walking in the door. A guy kept throwing money at me until I surrendered the Para LDA .45 I had with me. Not three tables down a guy forced me to take his feg copy of the Hi-Power 9MM for less than what I got for the LDA. I am fairly happy with this show.

Met a bearded fella sitting at one of the booths who showed me his new "israeli contract" Hi-Power. Was that you? If so, then glad to meet ya.

I got there about 3p kinda late as usual but usually can look over the show in a couple of hours. Must have dawdled more than usual because I was specifically ignoring everything except pistols and ammo and didn't get finished looking over all the tables before closing time. Had made note of a couple of items was gonna buy at the end of show, assuming I didn't find a better deal at another booth. Also didn't want to have to buy too early and tote stuff around the rest of the day.

Anyway when they announced the "15 minute last call" I went back to a booth that had bags of 1000 9mm cases I wanted to buy and the folks had already packed up and hit the door before 4:45p. So then tried to survey the remaining couple of aisles of pistols to see if there might be something worth coming back to buy on Sunday, and most remaining dealers had already put up or covered up their merchandise.

I mean its no big deal since it saved me money on "spur of the moment spending" and its the dealers own biz to decide when to close up, but if the show is open til 5p then at least one dealer lost at least one sale by boogying out a few minutes early. I had come "loaded for bear" with a few thou in pocket, just in case I located a pistol or two I just couldn't live without. Nobody in the first 3/4 of the tables had anything I couldn't live without, but maybe some dealer in the last couple of rows happened to have "just the perfect thang" and lost a sale by closing up a few minutes early.

So bout all I spent was yet another ammo can and a couple thousand small pistol primers, but it was fun looking at the stuff and maybe should be thankful nobody had a pistol I just had to have, saving me money. :)

Ain't bitching really, but every show I've ever gone to, every dealer I ever ask says, "Yeah this is a slow show. Nobody's buying just looking." So maybe it makes sense to pull the plug early, except for customers who might have been planning to come back and buy something right at closing time. Pull out 15 or 20 minutes early and lose last-minute sales.