TN HCP on a road trip?

Guest jrholt9577

Guest jrholt9577

Hey guys. What is the best course of action when going out of town? I'll be going through GA, AL, FL and maybe LA. I want to take my carry weapon with me but don't want to break any laws. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of good sources, but probably the easiest one is www.handgunlaw.us

This will tell you the laws in any of the states. Your TN permit is good in all of the states you listed, but off limits locations are a little different from state to state. As far as transport, you can have your gun on your person or loaded in your vehicle in those states since you have a valid TN permit.

I might also suggest www.opencarry.org

Regardless of whether or not you are an open carry proponent, that site will give you a good base of information also.

Edited by robbiev

But remember because open carry is allowed in TN., it may not be allowed in other states. Those links Robbiev posted will give you the info you need.

I might be going to S. Dakota at the end of June, i'm definatly avoiding Illinois. Even if I stopped and locked my handgun in a case unloaded I would still be paranoid in that state.

Here's another good link. Click on TN. and it will tell you the states that honor a TN. HCP.

http://www.legallyarmed.com/

The states that honor the Tennessee Handgun Permit are:

Alabama, Alaaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida,

Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan,

Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada,

New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota,

Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota,

Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Edited by K191145