New thread... Official pictures of the Springfield XD-M

Guest atomemphis

i swear to god, advanced math is not really that difficult, but we are talking about basic addition that these business degree'd professionals can't get right!

2 + 2 = 4

DUH.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed it in an above thread, but SA has a special site for this handgun:

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Among the things I notice is that you no longer have to pull the trigger (oops that part was important) to disassemble the handgun. Or at least I think that is what they meant to say.

I also notice the fully supported ramp in the specifications.

The changeable backstraps have been mentioned.

There are several other improvements.

I'm glad to see the additional features.

Now if it was only de-cockable and re-cockable with SA/DA....

Edited by Marswolf
Guest db99wj
I may have missed it in an above thread, but SA has a special site for this handgun:

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Among the things I notice is that you no longer have to disassemble the handgun. Or at least I think that is what they meant to say.

I also notice the fully supported ramp in the specifications.

The changeable backstraps have been mentioned.

There are several other improvements.

I'm glad to see the additional features.

Now if it was only de-cockable and re-cockable with SA/DA....

You mean you don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble...right.

Guest bkelm18
You mean you don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble...right.

No, Springfield just invented a new "never clean" design. The pistols are so efficient, they never have to be cleaned. :D

Guest db99wj
No, Springfield just invented a new "never clean" design. The pistols are so efficient, they never have to be cleaned. ;)

We are supposed to clean our XD's? That's :D

:D

I'm sorry, and this is just my opinion, but the XD is on of the ugliest guns out there.

:blink:

They make Glocks look like works of art.

I came just to say the same thing...that is one of the ugliest man-made devices I have ever seen. 15 years ago they made water guns that were similar with hopes that nobody would mistake them for an actual firearm.

XD...the Pontiac Aztec of firearms. (or the fat chick) Sure are fun, but not really easy on the eyes.

Guest sling

760 bucks! Holy crap. Save your dinero and get something a little more classy for your green.

I dont think i could pull myself to spend that much money on a plastic springer.

Yah, there's no way that this gun will do well at that price point... as to it's comparison with other polymer striker-fired pistols, I'll reserve judgement until I can shoot one. I really don't care how it looks though.

Guest eyebedam

I had a chance to hold 1 at the gunshow this weekend. It has a really good feel to it. It was the Bi Tone and they were asking 679.00 for it. I would asune the price will drop once all the hype about slows down abit.

I'm interested to see whether or not the internals (specifically the trigger bar and sear) are interchangeable with the standard XD... if so, it'll be compatible with the drop-in trigger job parts on the market, and would be simple to turn into a sweet USPSA Limited pistol.

If it's been totally re-designed though, I'll probably pass on one.

I'm interested to see whether or not the internals (specifically the trigger bar and sear) are interchangeable with the standard XD... if so, it'll be compatible with the drop-in trigger job parts on the market, and would be simple to turn into a sweet USPSA Limited pistol.

If it's been totally re-designed though, I'll probably pass on one.

Boy, I sure hope so. The only negative (IMO) with XD's is the lack of after market DIY parts. The trigger bar and sear are one of the very few to help the XD overcome this road block.

Guest darkstar

I could see in the pictures that "Made In Croatia" is stamped on the grip. Does Springfield make anything in the US anymore? A lot of their 1911's are from Brazil, and the current XD's are Croatian....Just nit-picking I guess, but a company that loves to play up the name Springfield Armory and all the historical stuff behind it oughtta be made in the US (just my opinion) at least they are not made in China.

"Buy from China, our toys taste better"

Boy, I sure hope so. The only negative (IMO) with XD's is the lack of after market DIY parts. The trigger bar and sear are one of the very few to help the XD overcome this road block.

There's a bunch of factory and aftermarket parts now available through pistolgear.com and others... the springs, pins, and the recoil assemblies are the big things, since the pistol is so simple.

Oh good, we finally got into some actual "opinion".

Personally, I don't think many guns these day are refined and handsome. That is especially true among the polymer frame handguns.

So I go for function instead of beauty. :P