Anybody with a mk series with paclite?

Mdunntn

I've got mk3 22/45 and I'm really considering getting a paclite upper. If anybody has one I would appreciate some reviews and pictures. I'm eventually wanting a surpressor and probably a trl1 for this pistol eventually.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT BUY A PACLITE. At least not if you actually plan on shooting the gun. I have had two and they both had the same problem.

Because the bolt is steel and the breechface is aluminum the aluminum gets mushroomed out exposing the barrel liner. I have had to send one back for this problem and the replacement one is less than 1,000 rounds down the tube and it is going to have to go back soon.

I will post a picture in a minute of the problem.

Dolomite

IMG_2134-1.jpg

I sent this one back over safety concerns.

And on another note I got baffle strikes with the first one and it looks as though the second one is also having baffle strikes, just not as often.

Have your current upper threaded and forget about the Pac-Lite. And even the new Ruger Lite isn't much better. Yes it has a steel breech face but aluminum threads for the suppressor. And with aluminum threads they tend to wear or get squashed out of shape over time.

Dolomite

See what your saying is what I first heard awhile back, and then other guys were saying their pac lites were doing fine just cosmetic damage. Would a good gunsmith be able to install a rail on the bottom of a factory upper?

They replaced the upper in the picture fo SAFETY issues related to the headspace. And because a rimfire ignites off the rim when the headspace is off it is possible for it to go bang upon chambering.

It is not cosmetic, it is a design flaw and that is why they replace them without questions. It is cheaper than paying for a lawsuit.

Dolomite

Predator Custom Shop is the best in town to thread barrels. They have done dozens of barrels for me and never a single issue. They are also very quick and cheaper than anyone else in town.

They are the only true custom shop in town. They can build a gun from the ground up, not just buy a bunch of parts and bolt it together. We are so lucky to have such a high quality shop so close to us. There are very few true custom shops in the country and we have one in our backyard.

And finally you are supporting a local shop run by a great family guy. Their number one goal is to make sure the customer gets what they want and do it at very, very reasonable pricing.

I do not work for them and never have but they have literally done a few dozen guns for me over the years and I have had zero complaints.

Dolomite

Guest twpayne75

Predator Custom Shop is the best in town to thread barrels. They have done dozens of barrels for me and never a single issue. They are also very quick and cheaper than anyone else in town.

They are the only true custom shop in town. They can build a gun from the ground up, not just buy a bunch of parts and bolt it together. We are so lucky to have such a high quality shop so close to us. There are very few true custom shops in the country and we have one in our backyard.

And finally you are supporting a local shop run by a great family guy. Their number one goal is to make sure the customer gets what they want and do it at very, very reasonable pricing.

I do not work for them and never have but they have literally done a few dozen guns for me over the years and I have had zero complaints.

Dolomite

Another vote for Predator. They have built several rifles for me as well as threaded barrels and 1911 work. To me there is no place better.