Crossbreed Opinions?

Guest wallyiv

Guest wallyiv

Fianlly decided to go with the Supertuck. Couldn't order from Comp Tac because I am currently carrying an SR40 C as my primary. Decided against Galco this time. Anybody else who cares to share their Crossbreed Supertuck opinons/concerns is welcome. Should I look out for anything in particular while I have my " two weeks to try it"? Does anyone really like theirs after "wearing it in"?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nologic

Fianlly decided to go with the Supertuck. Couldn't order from Comp Tac because I am currently carrying an SR40 C as my primary. Decided against Galco this time. Anybody else who cares to share their Crossbreed Supertuck opinons/concerns is welcome. Should I look out for anything in particular while I have my " two weeks to try it"? Does anyone really like theirs after "wearing it in"?

I also carry the SR40C as my EDC. I have the crossbreed supertuck as well. Be sure you get the combat cut option though otherwise it is agervating trying to draw from. Typically if I'm really concerned with concealment I use the crossbreed. Otherwise it's just a Tagua OWB.

How do you like the ruger?

I am fortunate enough to conceal carry everyday as my employer allows it. I have a very heavy gun and the crossbreed carries it very well even on the hottest of days where I am dripping in sweat. I would only recommend treating the black leather side with mink oil every once in a while and the plain leather side with water repellent spray you can get at Walmart. It is an extremely comfortable holster and I've had mine for several months.

I toted my CZ P-01 in a SuperTuck for a couple of years and LOVED it. I park it in the winter in favor of a High Noon Slide Guard, because OWB is more comfortable. Warm weather usually means I use the Crossbread more with thinner/lighter clothes.

I agree with NoLogic get the combat cut if it's not too late. You can do it yourself if it's too late, but if you don't have leather tools and some edge dressing it'll look ugly and frayed.

Guest Nologic

I had to do the combat cut myself. Mat from crossbreed told me it wouldn't voide the warranty. Lucky for my my father in law had leather tools from his horse saddle business I was able to barrow.

Guest XD_TN

I carry my XD 40 SC in a crossbreed supertuck with horsehide. It squeeked some until broken in, but tucking a shirt or as instructions say, felt pieces, will fix that.

Love it, no complaints, carries great. I have only owned one holster so I can't compare to others, but I was advised to buy it so I wouldn't have a drawer full.

I have one for my 1911 and if I have to tuck a shirt in (mainly Church) then I utilize my crossbreed. I hae had it a few years and do like it. Depending on weather and clothing selection my other carry holsters would be Milt Sparls VM2 or Desbiens AIWB. As far as crossbreed it has worked well for me and I like it.

I'm happy with mine. It had the dreaded squeak when I first got it. After some fiddling, gluing some felt to the back of the belt clips finally fixed it. I don't wear it as often as I should, it's too easy to stick the P3AT in my pocket. But it's a well made, comfortable holster. A real gun belt makes a significant difference.

As for drawing without the combat cut... there's a technique. When I grip the gun, my thumb goes straight up the back of the slide to the rear sight. As the gun clears the holster the thumb slides down, disengages the safety, and moves to normal "thumbs forward" position.

Guest wallyiv

wow thanks for all the replies. Sadly I figured I could do combat cut myself...without leather tools. I haven't received it, but it's in the mail. I guess I could send it back to have it done? Unless anyone in Hermitage would like a project :x:

Guest wallyiv

I also carry the SR40C as my EDC. I have the crossbreed supertuck as well. Be sure you get the combat cut option though otherwise it is agervating trying to draw from. Typically if I'm really concerned with concealment I use the crossbreed. Otherwise it's just a Tagua OWB.

How do you like the ruger?

I love the theRuger. I have always carried DAO, but shot enough DA/striker fire to be comfortable. I have nobuyers remorse. Probably around 400-500 rounds through it and i got it back in January-ish. I have heard of light primer strikes but yet to have any failures to feed fire or eject. I have shot the sr9 c, and was very pleased with how managable the recoil is in .40. conceals easily for a .40 too. How is yours?

Guest Nologic

I love the theRuger. I have always carried DAO, but shot enough DA/striker fire to be comfortable. I have nobuyers remorse. Probably around 400-500 rounds through it and i got it back in January-ish. I have heard of light primer strikes but yet to have any failures to feed fire or eject. I have shot the sr9 c, and was very pleased with hoIw managable the recoil is in .40. conceals easily for a .40 too. How is yours?

I have no complaints. The only time I've had issues of any type was with the Winchester white box. I haven't shot that ammo since. It's way more comfortable than my xd. It's slim for a .40 too. I carry knowing if I ever needed it that there would be no issues. Completely reliable. Ruger came a long ways with the sr series.

Guest wallyiv

I have no complaints. The only time I've had issues of any type was with the Winchester white box. I haven't shot that ammo since. It's way more comfortable than my xd. It's slim for a .40 too. I carry knowing if I ever needed it that there would be no issues. Completely reliable. Ruger came a long ways with the sr series.

Yeah I try not to be brand loyal, but i got four recently sp101 gp100 lc9 and sr40c

wow thanks for all the replies. Sadly I figured I could do combat cut myself...without leather tools. I haven't received it, but it's in the mail. I guess I could send it back to have it done? Unless anyone in Hermitage would like a project :x:

I'm not too far from you (La Vergne). When you get it, you're welcome to shoot me a PM. I have cutting tools, edge beveler, Tac Gum, Edge Kote, burnishing tools, pretty much everything you'd need to make it look pretty. You're welcome to shoot on over and do it right.

Be sure to check the inside of your Slide/Chamber etc.

Wipe it out and make sure it isn't full of sweat.

I had an issue with a 1911 where sweat got in through the Slide Stop hole and it oxidized and looked nasty in only a couple of days.

I was carrying IWB in the summer.

My Glock 17 doesn't have that problem.

I guess the openings on the 1911 were in just the right (wrong) place

Guest wallyiv

I appreciate all the advice guys. Can't wait. Need a good belt next. Doing that insanity workout now so i will be losing inches in the waist. can get a proper size until then.

Guest wallyiv

I'm not too far from you (La Vergne). When you get it, you're welcome to shoot me a PM. I have cutting tools, edge beveler, Tac Gum, Edge Kote, burnishing tools, pretty much everything you'd need to make it look pretty. You're welcome to shoot on over and do it right.

Don't know what all that stuff is, but it sure does sound great. If I have problems drawing the firearm then I will probably take you up on that, thanks.

I appreciate all the advice guys. Can't wait. Need a good belt next. Doing that insanity workout now so i will be losing inches in the waist. can get a proper size until then.

A good belt is pricey but worth it. I've worn the same Beltman belt daily for 5-6 years and it hasn't degraded much at all. http://thebeltman.net/

Guest SpicyMchaggis

I have the super tuck for both my Glocks and 1911's. A recent convert, I definitely drink the Crossbreed kool-aid by the gallon full.

RE: cutting Leather

I did mine with a fresh Exacto, a lighter and some black leather dye.

I'm sure it looks just fine, but burnishing the edges will actually compress the fibers permanently. It leaves the edges a little cleaner and smoother is all.

Love my crossbreed, carries my glock 23. The first couple of weeks I had mine, when I wasn't wearing it (overnight), I rolled it up and put a rubberband around it. Seemed to contour better to my hip....

Edited by Dmo34