Ron Paul Bags It

Guest 6.8 AR

I hope he gets a spot in the convention. He does have valid points for conservatives to consider in forming a platform. Just

please don't splinter the voters.

Guest Smitty

News just broke: he's broke, "suspending" active campaigning.

- OS

He's not dropping out of the race like the others though. He just stopped campaigning in the primary states that haven't voted yet because of finances.

Edited by Smitty
Guest 6.8 AR

does a platform really mean anything anymore?

People vote based on rock star status.

Yes, it does. It gives voters that take this stuff seriously, something to hold their elected officials accountable to.

I don't vote Rock Star status.

Suspended but will still work to grap delegates away from Romney. A real team player. :up:

Yes, he still has the possibility of becoming the most hated man in GOP history. And also to queer Rand from ever going anywhere in the party, too.

Of course, Rand can always rise to power on a third party ticket, right? Yeah, riiiggghhhttt.

- OS

• Like 1

Yes, it does. It gives voters that take this stuff seriously, something to hold their elected officials accountable to.

I don't vote Rock Star status.

I don't vote using that method either, but last time around the election was decided by those who did.

This time I could pretty much care less what the republican platform is, just voting for whoever has the best chance to beat the Big O.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2

Personally, I thought Paul did a fantastic job. He did a lot better than most of the talking heads anticipated. I am really glad he ran again this year because his campaign has opened up so many people's eyes to the danger this country is facing. I am one of those people.

My hope now is that a lot of Paul supporters won't lose heart, but will continue the struggle at the lower levels of government. To become frustrated or to quit is contrary to everything Paul stands for. The fight must go on for the sake of liberty. My other hope is that we can have Rand Paul in 2016 or 2020. He shares the same beliefs as his father, but his oratory skills are a lot more eloquent.

Guest Lester Weevils

Yep, Ron Paul seems to be the Ross Perot of the 21st century. I fell for that back then, but not again.

Old Ross had his problems, but OTOH who was "more correct", GHWB, Clinton, or Perot? Giant Sucking Sound? You betcha. Runaway debt? You betcha.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Old Ross had his problems, but OTOH who was "more correct", GHWB, Clinton, or Perot? Giant Sucking Sound? You betcha. Runaway debt? You betcha.

But, Lester, it doesn't matter who is right or who has a better handle on where this country is going. All that matters is who can win the game...er...election. No matter how crappy a president he (or she) will make in his (or her) own right. And those of us who would dare vote for the person we consider to be the best candidate rather than the one who can kiss enough babies (and butts) to win the World Series of Politics are, of course, in the wrong, hate apple pie and secretly support Obama, Jane Fonda and Nancy Pelosi and have Lenin posters on our bedroom walls. Don't you know that?

Edited by JAB

Platforms:

Democratic Party Platform: Support the poor, s***w the rich. Middle class are rich.

Republican Party Platform: Support the rich, s***w the poor. Middle class are poor.

I am Middle class. So I am s***wed either way!

Guest ThePunisher

One thought he was saxophone player, and the other thinks he can sing R&B.

Platforms:

Democratic Party Platform: Support the poor, s***w the rich. Middle class are rich.

Republican Party Platform: Support the rich, s***w the poor. Middle class are poor.

I am Middle class. So I am s***wed either way!

This. Exactly this. I will also add:

Democratic Party Platform: Pass laws to ensure that people's thoughts and opinions are 'correct'. Try to force 'tolerance' via legislation (all while acting in a very intolerant manner toward things with which they don't agree.) Censor and punish any ideas which don't meet their standards.

Republican Party Platform: Pass laws to ensure that people's thoughts and opinions are 'moral'. Try to force 'morality' via legislation (all while many of them are behaving in a highly immoral manner.) Censor and punish any ideas which don't meet their standards.

Edited by JAB

http://www.ronpaul20...on-strategy/?33

Here is the official press release that states "...Dr. Paul is NOT dropping out or suspending his campaign.

...he is in this race all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August."

We had no doubt that RP supporters would give up but his words are;

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,†Mr. Paul said in a statement from his campaign. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.â€

RP said Monday he will not compete in Republican primaries in any of the states that have not yet voted — essentially ending the 2012 primary season and leaving the path open forMitt Romney to win the GOPpresidential nomination.

Mr. Paul said he will still try to win over delegates in states where the voting is done but where state conventions are still picking representatives to the Republican nominating convention in Tampa, Fla., in August. But the Texas congressman and three-time presidential hopeful said he’s done actively trying to win over voters themselves in the 11 primaries still ahead.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/14/ron-paul-ends-his-hunt-votes/

He has failed to win over enough voters to beat Romney, he's not going to admit that to his followers. He's broke, send in another donation, he needs it.

From the Blaze;

Here’s the statement from the Paul camp, which says he will not be campaigning in any states that have not already held their primaries:

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process.
We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.
I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.â€