Reputation points

Guest RottenCore

Guest RottenCore

I have posted a couple of questions, but now I have a -1 reputation point(s), How do I get back into the green? :rock:

Think, then type. Be gracious. Be humble. Be all you can be - no wait, that's the Army.

It's a given that almost everyone wants to be liked and wants to have a good reputation. It's also a given that not all of us are going to be, so don't sweat it - no one has gotten out of this world alive yet. (Well, maybe Jesus, but even HE had to die first.)

If all else fails, follow the sage advice of Mike.357 and don't lose any sleep over it.

:usa:

Guest RottenCore

OK Thank you. I posted 2 really good questions that received a lot of response, yet I was still neutral. That is why I am asking. Again, thank you for the info!!

A good question in your mind does not always translate to someone hitting the green up arrow.

Does anyone even pay attention to their rating? I honestly had never looked at mine until just now

^ This. TGO, isn't a popularity contest, it's a place to ask questions, pick up information and exchange ideas (or at least that's the way I see it.) I further think that alot of folks never even think about voting a thread or a post up or down unless it's unusually wise, funny, informative or offensive. (I know I don't.) And, as WD-40 pointed out, some don't even know (or care) how.

Bottom line, you have no power over what others think of you - it's what you think of yourself that counts. As for me, I think I'll have another cup of coffee.

:hat:

• Like 1

Me personally i use TGO almost exclusively on my phone and on the mobile version of the site, you dont have the option to like or +1 or whatever so i dont do it and i dont even know what my rating is.

The only consequence i see from having a negative rep on here would be if someone looked at it when considering buying something from you but if we still have trader rating (i dont know, cant see it on mobile site) that should cover it

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I had originally intended the rep_up.pngrep_down.png buttons to be used as a metric of how useful a post was, sort of like the Facebook "Like" feature. It really doesn't need to turn into a popularity thing and I'd hate to have to remove it if it becomes that and people are upset by it.

I had originally intended the rep_up.pngrep_down.png buttons to be used as a metric of how useful a post was, sort of like the Facebook "Like" feature. It really doesn't need to turn into a popularity thing and I'd hate to have to remove it if it becomes that and people are upset by it.

I don't think it is used enough right now to even worry about getting rid of it.

The only times I have seen more than a couple of ups or downs has been in the htreads where someone got banned. For the most part I think it is being used as intended, just not very often.

Might want to put up a sticky and explain how to use it. I don't think a lot of people even know it is there or what it is actually used for. Also, might want to mention it is about usefulness of a post and not about personal feelings about the poster.

Dolomite

On the high School sports forum I belong to & a mod, there was this one guy that was literally begging for

points. He evidently was obsessed. Think he finally gave up & left the board.

Woods are full of 'em.

Guest bkelm18

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've got 120 positive points and I'm probably one of the more disagreeable people on this board. :P

Edited by bkelm18

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've got 120 positive points and I'm probably one of the more disagreeable people on this board. :P

I demand a recount!!!

You ARE disagreeable :) and you have twice the count I do.

You are obviously performing some "special" favors for the person counting the reputation points. Who is that these days? TGO David? MacGyver? I demand to know because I want to be as popular as you.

Dolomite

• Like 4

I demand a recount!!!

You ARE disagreeable :) and you have twice the count I do.

You are obviously performing some "special" favors for the person counting the reputation points. Who is that these days? TGO David? MacGyver? I demand to know because I want to be as popular as you.

Dolomite

We ARE in Tennessee. It almost never hurts to slip somebody a 20. :pleased:

• Like 5