Ecommerce help needed

Here's the scoop.

We operate a tractor parts business and have well over 1000 parts we sell online and over the phone. We use quickbooks enterprise to keep up with out inventory and process the phone orders. We also currently have an online shopping cart through GoDaddy which is starting to show it's weakness. Not only will it not reliably link with quickbooks but it is also very very slow on the backend side we work on. Our main goal is to keep our inventory straight and for the online store to automatically deduct items sold from quickbooks. I would like for all changes to the items made in quickbooks to reflect on the online store automatically as well if this is possible.

I am looking to get a streamlined system setup where we can continue to take phone orders AND have what I mentioned above. I realize there are numerous shopping carts available and am hoping someone has experience with this. We also may be interested in having someone set all of this up for us. Kind of a "turn key" deal.

If you have any info or comments please let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Zen Cart or osCommerce online store with an appropriate QBI (Quickbooks integration) plugin should provide what you're looking for. Some tech work involved with getting started though.

I've used Zen Cart in the past and it is quite extensible. I know there's at least one or two Quickbooks plugins for it as well. Feel free to pm me if you have questions. I used to do eCommerce compliance and security for a living and web design/hosting as a "side" business. Very familiar with the industry!

Magento is used by a lot of large stores and also has quickbooks integration available, but I wouldn't want to host it in a shared hosting environment like Godaddy for performance reasons.

Edited by jcj