Caracal in Knoxville Tennessee!!??

Guest twpayne75

That's a pretty bold statement. I have not got to see one in person yet. HK is my current carry weapon.

I know. I was surprised in fact. HK is probably still a little more refined but the Caracal is right up there.

Because I carry appendix 99% of the time, I like the hammer. The way the Caracal is made the striker indicator comes out the back when firing, would it be possible to cover that with your thumb to avoid a possible AD? Similar to the way I cover my hammer now when holstering appendix.

You can. Trick is that you have to use either the bony tip of our thumb, or the bony inside of your thumb's first knuckle to contact the striker. If you use the fleshy pad of your thumb, the striker can still press far enough into your pad to complete it's travel.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the Caracal is about as thin as a double stack nine can be but the max width is ever so slightly more than a Glock. HOWEVER the Caracal feels thinner than a Glock because the grip is not boxy and is contoured to fit the hand.

Guest etnsr9c

I just picked up the C model. It seems to be a really nice gun. I have always said that a glock 19 is about the perfect size, weight, and capacity handgun, but I don't like the grip or getting slide bite. The Caracal C gives me all the good parts and fixes the grip issues for me. And before anyone goes off on me about the grip problems I have with the glock, those are my problems and I really wish I could deal with it but I cant so I found a alternative. I have ran about 300 rounds through mine and It has had no problems. I did not clean, or lube it before use. I do this with all new guns just to see how they do when conditions are not ideal. The gun was very dry when I got it and has ran like a champ. If I have any problems I will let everyone know.

Guest twpayne75

I just picked up the C model. It seems to be a really nice gun. I have always said that a glock 19 is about the perfect size, weight, and capacity handgun, but I don't like the grip or getting slide bite. The Caracal C gives me all the good parts and fixes the grip issues for me. And before anyone goes off on me about the grip problems I have with the glock, those are my problems and I really wish I could deal with it but I cant so I found a alternative. I have ran about 300 rounds through mine and It has had no problems. I did not clean, or lube it before use. I do this with all new guns just to see how they do when conditions are not ideal. The gun was very dry when I got it and has ran like a champ. If I have any problems I will let everyone know.

Good to hear. My local dealer is supposed to be working on getting some. Was going to try to get two Fs and two Cs, getting a quicksight model and regular sight model in each one.

What sights does yours have? Would you buy that model again or get the other?

Thanks.

Guest Big-A

How much are mags for these guns? And has anyone put this gun thru the test that you know personally ? Arent you all a lil worried about opening up a market over there that could be used against our troops or the U.S as far as that goes ?

Guest etnsr9c

Mine has the regular sights, and yes I would buy it again. Mags are about 34.00 through gallery of guns. And no I don't worry about the use against our troops. if I worried about things like that I would think buying gas would be a bigger problem than these guns. And as far as opening up a market, I don't think you have to worry about those governments over there letting there citizens buy these guns. And as far as terrorist I don't think they get there weapons at the lgs, and will get what ever they want no matter what the laws say(just like criminals do here and around the rest of the world).

Guest Big-A

Im not talking bout use of the pistols against our troops. i mean the gun company giving money to terrorist to buy other weapons

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ddleatherworks

Waffen Werks (Knoxville) was the distributor. My understanding is they lost that?

You're correct WW is no longer importing them.I'm pretty sure Keith sold what he had left to Centerfire Systems. SAI in Trussville, AL is the new importer.

As far as the guns go the ones I have are 100% reliable. One of my C-QS's has had almost 3K rounds thru it with with zero problems.

Edited by ddleatherworks
Guest pangloss

I shot several at the Waffen Werks sponsored match in Oak Ridge last year. They had a few guns and a lot of shooters, and I didn't see any gun problems more significant that premature slide lock bags after the shooter bumping the slide lock (happened to me twice). The guns were run pretty hard and dipped in water to keep them cool enough to handle. The trigger was very crisp, but the reset seemed just a little long to me. It's on my short list of pistols to buy.

Guest etnsr9c

Just curious........why the interest in another glock copycat from an Arab country no less

because not everyone is happy with the glock, they make a great gun, but not everyone likes everything about them that is why not all guns are glock, all trucks f150, all sports cars vettes...ect

Guest etnsr9c

as of today 700 +/- rounds trough mine, no cleaning or lube. it has not malfunctioned at all. i think i am going to clean and lube it and carry and shoot the crap out of it.