Guest rebeldrummer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer

Are you talking about the un-modified WASR-10? Takes 10-round single stack magazines?

yea...no muzzle break. open, thumb hole style stock.

Short version (all from memory, so if someone else wants to pipe up with corrections go for it) is that Century Arms used to import the SAR series of semi-auto Romanian AK's. New import regs stopped that, so the Romanians came up with the WASR-10, which is just like any other AKM except it takes single stack 10 round magazines. Up inside it's still an AKM, so Century would import them, replace enough foreign parts with domestic production parts to make it legal to convert, then widen the mag well to accept standard 30 round magazines. They also sold the unmodified WASR-10 rifles, and it sounds like that's what you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASR_series_rifles#WASR-10_and_variants

Guest rebeldrummer

Short version (all from memory, so if someone else wants to pipe up with corrections go for it) is that Century Arms used to import the SAR series of semi-auto Romanian AK's. New import regs stopped that, so the Romanians came up with the WASR-10, which is just like any other AKM except it takes single stack 10 round magazines. Up inside it's still an AKM, so Century would import them, replace enough foreign parts with domestic production parts to make it legal to convert, then widen the mag well to accept standard 30 round magazines. They also sold the unmodified WASR-10 rifles, and it sounds like that's what you have.

http://en.wikipedia....10_and_variants

awesome....good info. so now next questions are in regards to RELIABILITY?? QUALITY?? VALUE??

I used to own a a converted WASR that took double stack mags. It was quite reliable, never had a bit of trouble out of it. I did have the trigger slap problem you'll see mentioned, but that's easily corrected. In my case I put up with it until I bought a nicer AK.

If this is an unconverted single-stack WASR-10, it's a perfectly shootable, reliable rifle in 7.62x39. However, it will be limited to the 10 round single stack magazines. I've heard that magazines for it can be hard to come by.

If it will accept double stack magazines then it's the same gun but will take standard AK mags.

I have the converted one, takes double stack mags. That's the way to go. Why settle for 10 rounds when you can have 30? Mine has zero trigger slap. The trigger is all American. I kinda like trigger slap, wish I had the other trigger and just replace another part to be compliant.

OK. for the dummy...what is trigger slap?

This page has a pretty good description along with info on how to fix it.

http://gunguyoh.trip...triggerslap.htm

Trigger slap or snap happens when the bolt carrier comes back under recoil and as it is cocking the hammer the hammer hits the disconnector. The disconnector rotates and that extra material(see pics below) in the US part hits the trigger making it smack your finger.