Two teens arrested for pellet gun incident involving bus

Guest nicemac

Guest nicemac

http://www.tennessea...7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

OK, dumb idea, but reckless endangerment? Come on.

It wasn't even a pellet gun after I read the whole story, but an AIRSOFT gun. My kids shoot each other at point blank range with Airsoft guns.

"Police said they were mulling over additional charges in the attack on the full school bus." Attack? The Tennessean article (our buddy Brian Haas) is making this out like it's another Columbine… complete with mug shot.

This is a kid's prank. Oh wait, kids can't pull pranks anymore.

Edited by nicemac

Not as bad as the story they had on WSMV last night. The reporter stated that "gunshots rang out" at a school bus. When they went on to tell that it was airsoft guns, I said WTF! Then she went on to say that the bus "was not damaged."

It would seem that these reporters are just as ignorant of airsoft guns as they are real firearms.

• Like 1

That kid looks a little sheepish for being a hardened criminal.

And gunshots rang out is a lot over the top.

An ass chewing and washing the bus would be an appropriate punishment.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 1

That kid looks a little sheepish for being a hardened criminal.

And gunshots rang out is a lot over the top.

An ass chewing and washing the bus would be an appropriate punishment.

This along with maybe bringing out the belt.

Johnny used to get it from the Principal, then he'd get a double dose when he got home. Nowadays we just mollycoddle little Johnny and he doesn't learn any respect or responsibility and ends up in prison and we wonder why.

Johnny used to get it from the Principal, then he'd get a double dose when he got home. Nowadays we just mollycoddle little Johnny and he doesn't learn any respect or responsibility and ends up in prison and we wonder why.

As Barney always said, No mollycoddling, nip it.

Not as bad as the story they had on WSMV last night. The reporter stated that "gunshots rang out" at a school bus. When they went on to tell that it was airsoft guns, I said WTF! Then she went on to say that the bus "was not damaged."

It would seem that these reporters are just as ignorant of airsoft guns as they are real firearms.

I had the same reaction. I couldn't believe the way the story was reported!

-southernasylum

Pffft, Pffft, Pffft

All for dramatic effect, and because you know airsoft guns have such a loud report from the electric motor driving them..

It is state law that one must be 18 to enter a store that sells only airsoft?

I took my son to an airsoft store and they said they I needed to stay with him because it was against the law for a minor to be in the store without a parent or guardian. This was about 8 years ago and they said he couldn't even hold the airsoft gun he wanted while in the store.

Parafrog Airsoft in Knoxville has a sign on their door that states state law requires you to be 18 to enter.

I would be willing to bet there is a law regarding an age limit for possessing airsoft "firearm".

Dolomite

To the media, an Airsoft is just another type of Glock Assault Weapon.

To the media, an Airsoft is just another type of Glock Assault Weapon.

The media knows that there are enough naive dolts out there who will swallow anything they report. They are often starved for real news so they over-dramatize unimportant non-news stories. I saw them break into their news cast a couple of weeks ago with critical breaking news, it was some small shed fire in N. Nashville somewhere and the F.D. already had it put out. The internet is the best way to filter the news, you can click through the usless BS and don't have to waste a half hour of your life watching it on TV.