Personal Indoor Range

Guest ORgunner

Guest ORgunner

Hey folks the landowner that lets me hunt on her property was asking me about the possibilities of putting in a single lane indoor range(pistols) under their house for her husband and i told her i would do some research, but i am not finding much about it. Has anyone on here tried this or know of anyone who has? Any information and advice would be great. Like i said its a possibility so would love to hear some feedback on it. Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certaintly dont know much about it but i do know that whoever would, would need to know what she wants to shoot down there, pistol, maybe rimfire? How long is it?

It would obviously need an air filtration system to take the lead out of the air and those tend to be rather expensive.

Edited by nightrunner

A friend of my dad's has a two lane gun range under his house. His house is in a subdivision where ther is a hundred house packed all together. I might be able to see what he had to do. also has a large vault door into a panic room that has a staircase going up to his master bedroom with a lockable hatch. I guess if you have the money. Funny thing is he is a orthodontist. the range was top of the line electric.

Guest ORgunner

MudBugJr, yeah that would great if you could let me know how he went about doing all that. You can PM if your friend doesnt want these details out publicly.

The one I saw in a Barn had an attic fan mounted on the wall behind the shooter blowing down range and an attic fan above the backstop sucking the air up and out airducts to the outside. I dont know how legal it is to blow all that lead in one spot. I think there were several filters on it so maybe not that bad.

the one that i use is 3ft pipe 25 yards long from 1 wall of basement 2 3 inch vents on the impact end with little blowers on them lights targets on a pulley its in belle meade 3 houses from al gore been there for as long as i can remember kinda loud at shooting point but basement contains most of the noise my friend that lives there tells people if you dont like the noise or the guns dont come over this is on lynnwood place for those of you who know that paer of town

How about a couple of charcoal filters hooked up to some inline fans at either end of the "lane"? Looking online they can be had pretty cheap off Amazon with shipping thrown in.

I've been thinking a house on an incline with a partially finished basement might work. Throw some thick plastic sheeting down, cover liberally with sand... I don't know, just an idea.