Check out what happened to my new Cricket pistol

I got this in and knew it was going to get a silencer in some way shape or form. I just couldn't decide on whether to keep the 10.5" barrel or use a shorter barrel. Well after some testing I decided to go ahead and use a short barrel. The barrel here is right over 4". That way everything I shoot will stay subsonic. No more buying expensive subsonic only ammo. I still need to but not for this gun.

Without the suppressor:

6a1ed8ee.jpg

And with the suppressor:

c8eafdf0.jpg

It is just a little longer than the factory barrel. And the weight is close as well. Makes for a very handy and extremely quiet package. The red dot mount is a temporary one to check accuracy and it seems pretty accurate so far. I hope it is as accurate as the factory barrel. If not it will get another barrel with a match chamber.

I also installed an overtravel stop and swapped the factory trigger spring with a lighter one.

And none of this required any permanent modifications to the gun.

Dolomite

• Like 1

You do some very odd, yet interesting things. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know Cricket made a left handed action. I'm surprised it isn't available on the rifles.

http://www.crickett....ickett_faqs.php

Q. Do we have left-handed rifles?

A. Yes! We now offer a left handed version of the Chipmunk rifle. Available with either a Walnut or Pink Laminate Stock, both models come with Blued Barrels.

Thanks guys for the postitive thoughts on this. It is literally quieter than a pneumatic nail gun and that is with bulk ammo. With subsonic ammo is it pellet gun quiet. I have yet to shoot it without the suppressor but I bet it will be LOUD.

I do have to sand the stock some because a cutter got away from me and put some gouges in the stock. The stocks are cheap enough that I might actually just order a walnut. I think walnut looks better with stanless anyway.

Dolomite

I think ole dolomite could suppress a sling shot and reduce the pull of the rubber band by forty percent.

David i think you'd love that set up on his pistol. And i still get chubbed up over that fully you let me fondle a while back. I need to hit the Powerball so i can get one.

• Like 1