Complaint about gun show at Lenoir city NG armory.

Guest AE3007H1

Guest AE3007H1

I may be out of line by logging my complaint here but I am also wandering if anyone else does this.

I went to the show yesterday (sat) and paid $6 and had my hand stamped. I went back today and they wanted another $6. They then notified me that it was $6 per day. I kindly said thank you and left.

The armory building is about 1/4 the size of the Expo building or Chilhowee building. They usually charge $8 - $10 for 3 days and you have close to twice the vendors. I appreciate the smaller more inanimate shows but that is ridiculous to pay $12 for two days. I am not that cheap, rather refused based on principal.

Please chime in and let me know your thoughts, agree?, disagree?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Guest AE3007H1

Yea I live very close. I was crunched for time yesterday and just made a pass through. I planned on going back today to spend some money with a couple of vendors. I was going to drop around five or six hundred today for sure.

Guest AE3007H1

You are exactly right. This was my mistake in assuming. I am not irate, just speaking of value vs. Other options. I also concede that out might have been necessary depending on their cost to hold the show. I am sure that most customers only attend one day in the first place, on the other hand that fact seems would be reason enough to offer multiple day entry to promote more sales.

Guest AE3007H1

Like I opened with, "maybe I am out of line". As much adds anything I wanted to see others thoughts. Thank you all. And I am in no way boycotting or saying not to go or that I will not be going any more. I will be attending pretty much every show in this area that I can! I am happy to do my part supporting our peers.

$6.00 admission per day is a bargain. They charge $10.00 per day in the Memphis area and everything inside is over priced.

After going to the local gun shows, I usually end up at a local shop to make my purchases..

Guest AE3007H1

I like to go and treat the shows as a "destination" (my own little vacation) Ha Ha.

The main advantage to the fun shows is the increased opportunity to find obscure guns and parts. I do like to keep my business local so I an more apt to make larger purchases from local guys at the shows.

It is just nice to be among like minds.

Hmmm....I did not notice but would have assumed to get in next day but, if not posted then, I would not complain.

Have been to this show a number of times and never found anything. Almost did not go but, stopped by anyway.

Major Score.......all matching numbers C96 Broomhandle Mauser with some bluing left and, shoots great! $400....I about tore the guy's hand off getting it from him!

Also found a Springfleld musket bayonet in darn near pristine condition for $50 that fits well on my Prussian Potsdam musket.

I was one happy camper!

Guest canebreaker

Most of the shows I attend offer a 1 and 2 day pass. 1 day for $6, 2 day for $10. 1 day for $10, 2 day for $15. But you have to look for signs or ask.

The last show I bought 6 50 cal cans for $8 each.