Trash Dumps around Nashville & Surrounding Counties?

I'm trying to compile a list of places where I can LEGALLY dump trash (anything from typical household garbage to old furniture and such) in and around Nashville.

I know some of these places require you to live in the city/county where the dump is located. I live in Hendersonville / Sumner County, so those that require I live in their city/county probably won't work.

If you happen to know if they are free or pay-by-weight that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Sumner Resource Authority, on Steam Plant Rd in Gallatin. Couple miles from my house. Same road Gallatin Gun Club is on, just the opposite direction off Airport Rd.

Ditto. Been there many times. Pull onto the pad, weigh and weigh on the way out. They take just about anything.

I took a load of trash there yesterday.

I started a pick up & delivery side business, and part of what I do is haul trash to the dump for people. I was hoping to find dumping locations in other areas so I didn't have to haul everything to Gallatin, but because I live in Sumner County, I think that SRA is my only option.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I know this is a bit off topic from what you were looking for but it conjured up memories from my youth. When I was a kid, I remember my dad taking me to the dump fairly often. To dump trash? Nope. Target practice with his .22. The targets? Rats, and plenty of them. Apparently this was not only acceptable behavior but was considered a service to the community. I wonder where this would get you today?

• Like 2

East Center

943A Doctor Richard G. Adams Drive

Nashville, TN 37207

862-8631

Hours: Mon.-Sat. 7:30am-5:00pm and Sun. Noon-4:00pm

Omohundro Center

1019 Omohundro Place (entrance on Freightliner Drive)

Nashville, TN 37210

880-1955

Hours: Tue.-Sat.: 8:00am-4:30pm

Anderson Lane Center

939A Anderson Lane

Madison, TN 37115

860-2588

Hours: Tues.-Sat.: 8:30am-5 pm

A construction dump at Central Pike and Lebanon Rd on the river side. They may charge you and they may not depending on load. I've tipped the guy if he doesn't charge me.

They won't take brush for some odd reason....?

East Center

943A Doctor Richard G. Adams Drive

Nashville, TN 37207

862-8631

Hours: Mon.-Sat. 7:30am-5:00pm and Sun. Noon-4:00pm

Omohundro Center

1019 Omohundro Place (entrance on Freightliner Drive)

Nashville, TN 37210

880-1955

Hours: Tue.-Sat.: 8:00am-4:30pm

Anderson Lane Center

939A Anderson Lane

Madison, TN 37115

860-2588

Hours: Tues.-Sat.: 8:30am-5 pm

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, according to the website for those locations, you MUST be a resident of Davidson County to dump trash their.

On top of that, it's no wonder so many people simply dump their trash on the side of roadways, in ditches, and anywhere else they can get away with it. The website for those places seem to have so many restrictions on what can be dumped, who can dump it, how many times they can dump it, etc.

A construction dump at Central Pike and Lebanon Rd on the river side. They may charge you and they may not depending on load. I've tipped the guy if he doesn't charge me.

Any idea of what it's called or who runs it? I'd like to find out more information. Do you have to be a resident of Davidson County, the type of stuff they will and won't accept, schedule, etc.

Guest HvyMtl

Basically, if your vehicle's plate is the correct county, they wont ask.

Williamson County allows its citizens (and only its citizens) to use its dump. Most counties are like this.

I know this is a bit off topic from what you were looking for but it conjured up memories from my youth. When I was a kid, I remember my dad taking me to the dump fairly often. To dump trash? Nope. Target practice with his .22. The targets? Rats, and plenty of them. Apparently this was not only acceptable behavior but was considered a service to the community. I wonder where this would get you today?

i grew up in goodlettsville and used to ride the greyhound bus to nashville to go to the dump where metro center is today with a 22 and a brick of ammo .my step dad worked at the cement plant in nashville by the river and would pick me up on his way home i wish sometimes we could go back to those simpeler times

• Like 1

A construction dump at Central Pike and Lebanon Rd on the river side. They may charge you and they may not depending on loade. I've tipped the guy if he doesn't charge me.

I called for some info. There's a lot of things they won't take, but you do NOT need to be a resident of Davidson County. They charge $11/square yard.