Another 100 rds thru the shield

Guest Big-A

Guest Big-A

308 rds total thru my new shield 100 rds of federal champions today. Still no isues so far shoots great and i shoot it as well as my Glock 26.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big-A

Out 10 to 12yds i can keep it in an 8 inch target off hand. I might have a flyer or two everyonce in a while so i guess im bout average. With my Glock 21 i can keep it in a man target off hand at 25 yds but i reload for that one and shoot it more often. Nothing fancy no running and drawing just standing still or shooting while kneeling

I got my Shield over a week ago and haven't run one down the pipe yet. It's killing me! I've got to find a place to shoot that's within an hour's drive. Darn Hamblen County.

If you live in Hamblen county you should be able to shoot off your back porch.

If you live in Hamblen county you should be able to shoot off your back porch.

Yes, I agree, I should be able to. But I have neighbors very (way too) close. And one calls the law if the wind blows the wrong way. As odd as it may sound, I lived 10 years in the commie state of NY and shot in my backyard all the time with no problems. Contrary to popular belief, NY is not all concrete and skyscrapers. My home there was in a much more rural area than anything in Hamblen County. I can't say I miss NY but I sure miss my property there.

Guest twpayne75

I got my Shield over a week ago and haven't run one down the pipe yet. It's killing me! I've got to find a place to shoot that's within an hour's drive. Darn Hamblen County.

I guess depending on where you live in Hamblen County, you should be able to make it to Knoxville in about an hour. I live in Claiborne Co, which should be about as far away. Me and my wife try to go to Coal Creek on Tuesday and shoot. It's lady's day, women are free and any man that shoots is just $5. It sucks spending the gas, but the cheap range rate sort of offsets it.

I have a Shield in layaway at Mike's. But I am waiting on a guy that were building a house for to get another draw and pay me what he owes me before I can get mine out.

I guess depending on where you live in Hamblen County, you should be able to make it to Knoxville in about an hour. I live in Claiborne Co, which should be about as far away. Me and my wife try to go to Coal Creek on Tuesday and shoot. It's lady's day, women are free and any man that shoots is just $5. It sucks spending the gas, but the cheap range rate sort of offsets it.

I have a Shield in layaway at Mike's. But I am waiting on a guy that were building a house for to get another draw and pay me what he owes me before I can get mine out.

I'm in the east end of Hamblen. Close to an hour and a half to Coal Creek, Norris, Sevierville Indoor Range, and about an hour and twenty minutes to Bubbling Springs. I've been to all of them and kept track of travel times. I do tend to observe the posted speed limits though. :angel:

I finally got to break in the new Shield yesterday. I met a local at Mikes Gun Shop in Morristown. We got talking, I mentioned I had bought a Shield but hadn't had a chance to shoot it and he said he'd like to try it out. He invited me over to his place, about 10 minutes from my home, and we had a blast, both figuratively and literally. I met some great people and we all swapped guns around so it was also a great chance to try some different weapons. The Shield a hit. We collectively put about 125 rounds through it, mixed brands, FMJ and JHP, including Wolf, Federal, and WWB. It ate it all flawlessly.

As a bonus, I let a couple of Glock guys shoot my M&P .40 and I believe they've seen the light. They both felt the aim with the M&P was more natural than with the Glocks and the grip more comfortable. Exactly why I prefer the M&P.

I also got to try out a used High Point 995 I just bought. It had some feed issues when the mag was full. The front end of the bullet wants to point down in the mag for some reason. With less than a full mag, no problems and the front end was pointed up where it should be. Any High Point experts experienced this? I'm thinking a new mag is in order.

All in all, a great time. Dan, if you see this, thanks again!

Guest twpayne75

Glad you finally got to shoot it. You can't know to many people with shooting property.

It's always nice to get a bunch of people with a collective buttload of guns together. I have shot guns that I never would have given a second thought about that I really liked.

Mike actually looked into the cost of a shooting range quite awhile back. The insurance cost was enormous.

I was able to put 100rds through my 9 Shield last Friday. It went 100 our of 100 with out a hickup. It did take a few mags for the slide release to work with one thumb. I love it.