Highlights From Romney Victory Speech

A note from Gary Bauer:

Grand Slam, Governor!

After sweeping five state primaries yesterday, Governor Mitt Romney kicked off the general election campaign with a victory speech that put the 2012 election in very stark terms. I was cheering last night as the governor aggressively attacked Obama's failed record and brilliantly critiqued Obama's "fairness" claims. Here are some excerpts:

"Tonight is the start of a new campaign to unite every American who knows in their heart that we can do better! The last few years have been the best that Barack Obama can do, but it's not the best America can do! …

"Four years ago Barack Obama dazzled us in front of Greek columns with sweeping promises of hope and change. …What do we have to show for three and a half years of President Obama? Is it easier to make ends meet? Is it easier to sell your home or buy a new one? …Do you pay less at the pump?

"If the answer were 'yes' to those questions, then President Obama would be running for re-election based on his achievements…and rightly so. But because he has failed, he will run a campaign of diversions, distractions, and distortions. That kind of campaign may have worked at another place and in a different time. But not here and not now. It's still about the economy, and we're not stupid. …

"This president is putting us on a path where our lives will be ruled by bureaucrats and boards, commissions and czars. He's asking us to accept that Washington knows best -- and can provide all. …

"This America is fundamentally fair. We will stop the unfairness of urban children being denied access to the good schools of their choice; … we will stop the unfairness of requiring union workers to contribute to politicians not of their choosing; we will stop the unfairness of government workers getting better pay and benefits than the taxpayers they serve; and we will stop the unfairness of one generation passing larger and larger debts on to the next.

"In the America I see, character and choices matter. …We'll stop the days of apologizing for success at home and never again apologize for America abroad.

"There was a time -- not so long ago -- when each of us could walk a little taller and stand a little straighter because we had a gift that no one else in the world shared. We were Americans. That meant something different to each of us but it meant something special to all of us. We knew it without question. And so did the world. Those days are coming back. That's our destiny.

"We believe in America. We believe in ourselves. Our greatest days are still ahead. We are, after all, Americans! God bless you, and God bless the United States of America."

Governor Romney clearly made the case why Barack Obama does not deserve a second term, and many voters agree. In today's Rasmussen tracking poll of likely voters, Romney leads Obama 49%-to-44%. Obama can -- and must -- be defeated!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePunisher

There's an oxymoron for ya - highlights of a speech.

I have better things to do than listen to any politician -- MANY better things to do. I despise the bastards.

At this point in time for salvaging America from being totally destroyed by Obama and his Marxist cronies, I can think of nothing more important than uniting behind Romney to defeat the worst POTUS in American history. George McGovern would be considered a conservative compared to the Marxist ideologue Obama. Heck, I might even consider Carter as a conservative compared to Obama.

I despise Presidents that hate American exceptionalism, and apologize to foreign leaders for America being the greatest country in history. Apathy to what policians say and do is the reason we're in such economic, political, and moral despair. Liberty is the right to choose, and freedom is the result of the right choice. The American people better wake up and be participants of their democratic republic before it is too late. Apathy will destroy America.

but i am getting tired of voteing for the lesser of 2 evils

Well, you can go with the greater of two evils I suppose; see how that works out; maybe it would be best to go ahead and speed up the decline, get to crux of the Great Meltdown and get it over with and rebuild. For the children and all that. ;)

Romney is probably the most conservative guy the GOP is gonna put out there for some time; matter of fact, if he doesn't win, I expect them to trot out someone even more centrist next time around.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Romney is it. Time to get on with it.

I've said it here since before the first primary. His national polling never really allowed any other logical conclusion.

And I'll say it again, any candidate that TGO would nominate would lose in a landslide; we, unfortunately, are not indicative of the general electorate in today's US of A.

Simply stopping BHO is now the most realistic exhibition of patriotism to which we can aspire.

And I do think Mitt may surprise us all with his competency. I'm willing to spread around some significant scratch that if elected, he'll win a second term easily.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

but i am getting tired of voteing for the lesser of 2 evils

We can only play the cards that we are dealt, so we're either in or we are out. It's a one hand game. In means a chance. Out means lost already. Just the way it is. No one said we had to like it. Most of us don't, but... We can only play the cards that we are dealt, so we're either in or we are out. Catch 22.

Guest 6.8 AR

I've said it here since before the first primary. His national polling never really allowed any other logical conclusion.

And I'll say it again, any candidate that TGO would nominate would lose in a landslide; we, unfortunately, are not indicative of the general electorate in today's US of A.

Simply stopping BHO is now the most realistic exhibition of patriotism to which we can aspire.

And I do think Mitt may surprise us all with his competency. I'm willing to spread around some significant scratch that if elected, he'll win a second term easily.

- OS

Some have said Mitt's benefited from the process by becoming more in tune to the Republican Party, as a whole.

I have to agree. I'm not worried about the 2nd Amendment issue with him because he won't be controlling that

issue unless he turned out to be like Obama, and that's doubtful. His speech was well done.

You've been right all along on this, Mac. One sin of mine. I'm envious of your "Mac"ro abilities, feller. :D