What Would I Do If I Were President? (What Would You Do?)

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I am a simple man. I would end all foreign military presence in any country that did not pay us for our services, at a rate of at least 1.10 X our expenses + $25k per casualty (casualty = wounded OR fatality). The 25k goes directly to the soldier or family. The 10% goes to military R&D. Countries that cannot or will not pay can talk to the UN for aid. The USA will send troops in a UN backed operation to equal no more than 10% of the total force sent at our discretion, we may send none at all. It is, of course, our choice to support anyone, when I speak of sending troops at all it would be to our allies and for a good cause only, not talkin a mercenary operation here just covering our costs and helping our allies. We will accept oil or gold instead of cash.

Next up: public colleges cannot provide tech degrees to foreign students. To get a tech degree, the student must become a US citizen.

Next up: tax break for businesses for every US citizen on the payroll.

Next up: all taxpayers are entitled to the % of their taxes that was spent in entitlements. That is, if you pay 1000 in taxes, and 100 of that is for entitlement programs, you are now entitled to $100 in goverment services, which may be saved up (in case of unemployment, for example) or immediately withdrawn. Programs that cannot fund themselves under these rules will be eliminated.

All citizens will be required to pay a $1000 fee for a liscense to exercise the rights of free speech, right to not be searched, and so on. If this is deemed unconstitutional, similar programs for other rights will be declared null and void.

I could go on all day but its a start.

Guest cardcutter

I would create a new cabinet position. Inspector general. He would be charged with ferreting out all fraud waste and abuse in the govt. He would have full prosecutor's powers.

I would eliminate all foreign aid except for humanitarian efforts such as disaster relief.

I would call in Kazari and tell him he has one year to get his act together because we are going home.

I would make it a mandatory $50k fine for each illegal you are caught employing. Should you reach ten such fines that company would loose the right to do business in this country for one full year. No jobs no illegals.

I would eliminate all references to race and sex on any public document ,excluding of course police and medical records,including the elimination of all affirmative action programs. We cannot be equal if one group gets an advantage over any other group. Besides how many wrongs does it take to make a right.

There are a few more but nobody would want to hear them

Guest 6.8 AR

The Inspector General already exists, but not as a cabinet level position. A couple have been run off

by Obama or his minions for exposing that very waste fraud or abuse, or doing their jobs.

Now, if I was the prez, I would defund immediately: EPA, Dept of Education, bust any public employee

union, require any law before being enacted to be shown to be constitutional, challenge many laws

already on the books for their constitutionality. Let the individual states use any of those laws to their

legal best and see how much more would able to be dropped from our bloated budget. I would also

require a budget to not automatically assume an increase from year to year, rather justify it's existence

each year. I would push for a consumption based revenue system to replace our current income tax.

Those are good reasons why I would never be the prez.

I'll tell anyone what they'd do as prez. You'd be manipulated by the bureaucrats and career politicians. You'd do as you are told and be hated by the public for it. Your only other option would be to get a ride in a convertible past a school book depository.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

I'll tell anyone what they'd do as prez. You'd be manipulated by the bureaucrats and career politicians. You'd do as you are told and be hated by the public for it. Your only other option would be to get a ride in a convertible past a school book depository.

You have it figured out.