EBR DPMS-5.56mm

Guest strelcevina

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What barrel do you have on that?

The scope and stock are mismatched. The CAR stock doesn't give a lot of solid support, making precision shots difficult. I would have gone with an Ace Skeleton. But then, I did go with an Ace and love it.

Guest strelcevina
very nice. paper targets on the moon beware - how big is that scope?

:Dlol.

its pretty big scope.

@Mr.Rabbi

it is 5.56mm Ultra Match Stainless steel Fluted and ported barrel 1x8 twist.

i like the way the stock looks. But if doesn't work well i will replace it.

Guest strelcevina

clear.gif

I got Range Report.

So far i have some Great and some bad news

Great news first

shot 80 rounds of Remington 55grain and 20 federal 55grain

first i did a barrel brake in. shot one round, clean with bore snake that 5 times.

than 2 rounds few time. than 3 rounds few time, all that with first box of 20 with Remington.

so much fun to shoot, not even one malfunctions.

porting on barrel did eliminate any barrel rise.

it looked , felt and sounded really Coolicon_smile_big.gif

Now Bad stuff

first the scope rings, way to low

holding it in hand felt good, but shooting from the table Way to low.

than my scope was way to off , waaaay to off icon_smile_sad.gifdial it all the way and still it was 10" to high and 4" to the right.

new rings will fix that problem, sadly didn't had any on me today so i didn't do any groups shooting, so it was only about reliability.

second

trigger pin was coming out a little, i have to find some that wont come out.

third

i need bipods and shorter magazine badly. holding it in hands veil siting on the bench with 30 round mag. wasn't comfortable at all.

Guest The Cat

About wobbly telestocks - get yerself a Magpul CTR. Snap the bottom lever and all the play is removed and it feels as solid as a fixed stock. (High CDI factor on it, too.)

Also, you can put a bipod stud on the bottom front of your float tube and add a Harris bipod to it. It'll be easily removable but a sturdy mount.

Mags - shop around for some good surplus 20 rounders. Never, ever, ever buy the cheapest mags you can find, and for God's sake stay away from USA mags in the AR.

About your scope mounting - you can try a pair of risers - spacers - that'll raise it up a half inch or so, or you can get an Flattop-AR-specific scope mount. Sounds like your rings aren't holding your scope exactly along the centerline of your bore though. You can get a decent mount for what you'd have in another set of rings and risers, and it'd most likely hold the scope closer to your mechanical zero.

You may want to boresight your scope when you play around with the different rings and stuff. The AR is very easy to boresight - just take your upper off and remove the bolt. Set your upper in such a way that you can see some distant object in the center of your bore and adjust your scope to match it. I like to use a light that I can see on the top of a mountain.

Scope size: Mount what you like. The bigger the scope's objective, the more light it brings in. The longer it is, the less 'bending' that the objective has to do to the light. Less bending = less distortion. More light and less distortion = greater detail. All that plus a free-floated stainless barrel means one mean little target rifle!

Here's that CTR stock I was telling you about:

M5.jpg

For more comfort check these out:

These will raise your scope a bit and also move it forward a little, making it more convenient to mount and comfortable to shoot.

They're at laruetactical.com and are not exactly cheap. You can find similar elsewhere but again you don't want bargain basement stuff. You'll only frustrate yourself, and besides if you're driving a Lamborghini, you wouldn't put Auto Zone wheels on it! :D

Picatinny20Riser20detail.jpg

P1011738.jpg

Edited by The Cat
Guest strelcevina
Sorry, I am a bit new at this. Is "Ultra Match" the brand of the barrel? Or where did you buy this barrel? It is indeed a nice looking AR!!!

J&T upper and barrel.

http://jtdistributing.net/contact.html

barrel OAL is 16", but do to porting barrel ends 1" inside, so its 15"

IMG_6847.jpg?t=1210392100

Edited by strelcevina
Guest strelcevina
Very nice looking rifle...that barrel is "frickin sweet"...Congratulations!

thanks. i love it to:D

@The Cat

thanks for the info

i will look in to those rings, they looks good

Guest strelcevina
About wobbly telestocks - get yerself a Magpul CTR. Snap the bottom lever and all the play is removed and it feels as solid as a fixed stock. (High CDI factor on it, too.)

Also, you can put a bipod stud on the bottom front of your float tube and add a Harris bipod to it. It'll be easily removable but a sturdy mount.

Mags - shop around for some good surplus 20 rounders. Never, ever, ever buy the cheapest mags you can find, and for God's sake stay away from USA mags in the AR.

About your scope mounting - you can try a pair of risers - spacers - that'll raise it up a half inch or so, or you can get an Flattop-AR-specific scope mount. Sounds like your rings aren't holding your scope exactly along the centerline of your bore though. You can get a decent mount for what you'd have in another set of rings and risers, and it'd most likely hold the scope closer to your mechanical zero.

You may want to boresight your scope when you play around with the different rings and stuff. The AR is very easy to boresight - just take your upper off and remove the bolt. Set your upper in such a way that you can see some distant object in the center of your bore and adjust your scope to match it. I like to use a light that I can see on the top of a mountain.

Scope size: Mount what you like. The bigger the scope's objective, the more light it brings in. The longer it is, the less 'bending' that the objective has to do to the light. Less bending = less distortion. More light and less distortion = greater detail. All that plus a free-floated stainless barrel means one mean little target rifle!

Here's that CTR stock I was telling you about:

For more comfort check these out:

These will raise your scope a bit and also move it forward a little, making it more convenient to mount and comfortable to shoot.

They're at laruetactical.com and are not exactly cheap. You can find similar elsewhere but again you don't want bargain basement stuff. You'll only frustrate yourself, and besides if you're driving a Lamborghini, you wouldn't put Auto Zone wheels on it! :D

P1011738.jpg

thanks for cool info.

you told me everything i needed to know:)

i will do that and have new range report tomorrow

Guest strelcevina

i cant wait myself to go to the range :D

i have little update

first i ended up buying a Laser for my scopes.

finally i was able to adjust my scopes. but still didn't test it yet

i got Bipod to,

i had i problem with my trigger pin walking out,

i polished the grove and got lucky that spring is holding it in place,

so im hoping that i fix the problem, if not i will order some of those anti-walking pins