Marceaux Tells Judge She Is "Going Down"

strickj

article.224498.jpg

Basil Marceaux

Perennial candidate Basil Marceaux Sr. won't be able to campaign for the House District 27 seat for several days - except to fellow jail inmates.

Criminal Court Judge Rebecca Stern on Monday morning sentenced him to serve 10 days in jail for contempt of court.

She did so after the Soddy Daisy resident first told her, "You're out of order."

Read more here

I just don't know what to say here :)

I was just watching a few more videos of his. One of the ones I just watched made me laugh when he was trying to say nutcase but it came out nut cakes.

Even though he is a not a good speaker his views are probably the same as 90% on this board. Hell, if Romney had Basil's opinion on things he would be more palateable to me.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 1

Somebody needs to put these judges in their places. I swear they assert more authority then they were ever meant to have. Most have a serious god complex when wearing their frilly black robes. Those black robes don't instill a lot of respect for me, only fear. Much the same fear I would feel if I were to see another [similarly evil] set of black robes.

I'm all for law and order but judges from top to bottom are completely out of hand.

Dark_Wizard_Revis_by_capprotti.jpg

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I love his uniform. HCP badge, medals, admiral stripes on his jacket or something. The problem is that he actually gets votes every time he runs.

Cherokee Slim

Unless/until they pass a law requiring "none of the above" as a choice on ballots, folks like Basil are the closest equivalent to voting "none of the above".

I voted for Basil on the R primary for county manager this time around. Or was it county mayor. Maybe would have been alarmed if he actually won, but it would at least seriously throw a monkey wrench into the traditional operation of the "long-time insiders club" if they had to work around Basil to get anything done. :)

First time I saw him I thought he was a nut cake.(nutcase) But after thinking about it, I would probably vote for him. Obviously he is not the most qualified candidate, but he has no problem telling people what he thinks. I like that!

Guest Lester Weevils

Oh am pretty convinced he would be a disaster if actually elected for a position more elevated than dog catcher, but it would be an epic amusing disaster, "ruffling lots of feathers". I like his willingness to tilt windmills anyway.

If I know just a little about something then it is possible to somewhat realistically estimate how hard the job is or how smart somebody has to be to do it. If you ever played third-string highschool football it doesn't take much imagination to understand the amount of talent required even to be a mediocre pro player. One doesn't have to know much about medicine to know that very few dummies manage to become doctors. Even the mediocre tend to be pretty bright.

But other professions not so much. Some of the career politicians, either local, state or national-- If they haven't done much of anything else and they've been doing the same gig for decades, then it is difficult to know whether the job requires lots of smarts or hardly any at all.

Edited by Lester Weevils