Posting Requirement Change..

Guest nraforlife

Guest UofM Matt
I usually don't "look" for signs, ignorance is bliss and concealed is concealed;)....

Thing is, I've only been carrying a little over a week so I'm still getting used to the fact that people aren't really looking. My 1911 conceals very well IWB, but while I'm completely comfortable carrying, I am still nervous someone will make me, especially in a place where I didn't notice properly posted signs. Last thing I want to do is lose the permit so soon after getting it, especially in Memphis.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Thing is, I've only been carrying a little over a week so I'm still getting used to the fact that people aren't really looking. My 1911 conceals very well IWB, but while I'm completely comfortable carrying, I am still nervous someone will make me, especially in a place where I didn't notice properly posted signs. Last thing I want to do is lose the permit so soon after getting it, especially in Memphis.

Gotcha, and by the way, everyone can see it!!!! Ok, just kidding , congrats on getting your permit. Definately something to have living in Memphis. The few signs I have seen that are legal, are very visable. I have seen a few, like at the zoo, that are in bullet form, not legal. From my understanding, legal posted can cause problems, non legal postings get can get you asked to leave the store. If you don't then you have a trespassing issue.

There is an area at the bottom of the main forum page here that you can post prohibbited carry locations, it is a great resource that we have, especially if more people would post up. I think we forget about it sometimes. See a sign, snap a cell phone pic and post up. That way, if we are going somewhere, we can check here first.

See....this goes back to my thing about a standard looking, obnoxious sign. You shouldn't have to "look" for it or wonder if didn't see it. It should stick out at you.

Might be a tough defense, but even the current law does say a posting is supposed to "prominent"

Guest GLOCKGUY
See....this goes back to my thing about a standard looking, obnoxious sign. You shouldn't have to "look" for it or wonder if didn't see it. It should stick out at you.

Might be a tough defense, but even the current law does say a posting is supposed to "prominent"

I AGREE :rolleyes:

Guest db99wj

Agreed, I need to not be able to see in because it is so damn visable or I am not going to see it. I am not there to look at signs, to be honest I am looking at the people that are around there, looking for supsicious folks.

Guest UofM Matt
Agreed, I need to not be able to see in because it is so damn visable or I am not going to see it. I am not there to look at signs, to be honest I am looking at the people that are around there, looking for supsicious folks.

Couldn't agree more.