So today I ordered myself a manly man's gun

So I have been kind of wanting one for a while so today I finally took the plunge. I don't need it and bought it just to have it. It serves no purpose which is a rarity as nearly every gun I own has a purpose but not this one. I will say that it is a gun that few men own and those that do are probably surrounded by people asking "Why?"

After a few minutes on the phone with Bud's gun shop it has been ordered. They said give it 7 to 10 days for delivery but hopefully it will be like every other order from them and be here within 3-4 days. I searched high and low but could not find one locally.

I ordered the stainless version for the corrosion resistance. And after it arrives I will be test firing it then threading it for a can.

Dolomite

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the barrel is pinned in place. After removing the barrel it is easy to thread then have spare barrels of different flavors. I have always been intrigued by the 17m2 and it would be easy to do. Even if I keep the "pin in place" setup it will be easy to swap barrels.

In the end this is going to be a toy and nothing else.

Dolomite

wtf is a chipmunk?

Furry little four legged creature found in the woods. AKA ground squirrel and Boomer. The most famous Chipmunks are Chip and Dale from Disney fame and Alvin, Theodore and Simon. They sing. Might even make it big in Nashvegas one of these days! :D

And it's also Dolomite's bolt action rifle, wants to be a pistol thingy. Congrats on the purchase Dolomite.

Why the left handed bolt Gordon?

That is how they come.

I suspect because it is a right handed gun. I hold it with the right hand and work the action with the left hand.

I think I am going to really like this gun. I was just on their website and it seems like every replacement part is $5 or under. Not like some other makes,

Dolomite

I think the lefty bolt is a great idea for a righty shooter. No need to lose your trigger hand grip to cycle it.

I have a lefty bolt .22 and while i don't shoot right hand much it is easier to operate that way. At least at a glance you can tell if the mag still has rounds.

I think the lefty bolt is a great idea for a righty shooter. No need to lose your trigger hand grip to cycle it.

I have a lefty bolt .22 and while i don't shoot right hand much it is easier to operate that way. At least at a glance you can tell if the mag still has rounds.

I have always felt left handed bolt guns were more suited to right handed shooters and vice versa.

Dolomite

In the end this is going to be a toy and nothing else.

Dolomite

I thought you said it served no purpose? Fun/toy sounds like a purpose, to me! I think it looks kind of neat. Then, again, for some strange reason I wouldn't mind having the very similar Cricket rifle (black stocks, not pink.) I shot a (female) friend's pink Cricket a couple of times and man those things are accurate. I can only imagine how accurate a target pistol version of a similar rifle would be, especially if you do things to really accurize it. To be truthful, I actually kind of want one of the Rossi youth matched pair single shot .22/.410 combos and I don't even really know why. Talk about wanting a gun for which I have no, real use.

Edited by JAB
Guest bulluck533

This gun is molded for people who are right handed that is the reason it is left handed bolt. Does feel nice in the hands though. Not sure about manly though :surrender: