I just got an update email from TFALAC about some comments Bob Pope made to the legislature. Talk about surprising me. He's outright advocating AGAINST the "parking lot" bill. Says property owner rights trump 2nd Amendment rights.

While I am an advocate of property owner rights. I think in the case of employers who prohibit in locked cars essentially disarm a gun owner not JUST at work, but on the way to and from...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else pay Mr. Pope for his "Tennessee Patriot" quarterly newspaper back in 2010. He sold subscriptions to the "conservative newspaper" which was supposed to be delivered 4 times a year. I purchased a subscription at a gun show in Jackson, (where ironically I was manning a table in support of Ron Ramsey for Governor). He took the money, but I only got two issues, and had to pick both of them up. I never got an explanation of why he did not deliver the promised number of papers, nor a refund???

Did anybody else pay Mr. Pope for his "Tennessee Patriot" quarterly newspaper back in 2010. He sold subscriptions to the "conservative newspaper" which was supposed to be delivered 4 times a year. I purchased a subscription at a gun show in Jackson, (where ironically I was manning a table in support of Ron Ramsey for Governor). He took the money, but I only got two issues, and had to pick both of them up. I never got an explanation of why he did not deliver the promised number of papers, nor a refund???

Yeah, I did...got maybe 2 issues in the mail.

Guest cardcutter

I got the same TFALAC e mail. Pope also states in it the the 2nd A does not allow you to carry a fire arm. His definition of " to keep and bear " is to own not to carry.

Who is this jackass and why is he presuming to speak for me?

Edited by cardcutter

The most valuable piece of property anyone has is their own life. It is not replaceable. When weighed against the very minor issue of a land-owner who prefers not to see guns, but cannot suffer any damages as a result of this bill, being able to defend your life is much more important.

The right to defend your life trumps almost any other issue.

I am sorry to see Bob use irrational arguments in order to curry favor with those who will use him for political gain.

Right now may not be the best time for me to be posting. I am not happy with what could be transpiring today in the General Assembly at the direction of Governor Haslam. I called the Governor's office and advised them of my "feeling".

As for Bob Pope. Bob is carrying out the acts of a desperate, lonely man. As he ages, with no family, he needs health care and he is doing everything he can to court the leglative leadership to get a government job. If I were to be asked to see things his way, I would have to say that I can not as I can't get my head that far up Ron Ramsey's ass. He will say anything and kiss anybody's ass to get a state job which will give him a state funded health package. He is getting older and he know it and health costs just go up as we get older.

His comments in his latest email about my ability to park elsewhere do nothing but display his total lack of knowlege about the circumstances in Memphis. Of the secured lots in the airport area surrounding the FedEx facilities, only ONE is on a public street that allows for parking. ALL the others do NOT allow parking on the street and any parking elsewhere would be a considerable distance away. (oh by-the-way, the lot I park in is NOT on the street that allows parking.) Bob is a liar. But then again, desperate men do desperate things.

Does he have to attack gun owners? There are a million ways to suck up.

Well the best I know is that he only has two real areas of expertise. One being guns, he would like to establish himself as a liason/gun czar/subject matter expert I guess. He knows the position of the Republican leadership in the General Assembly and so he is sucking up to it. If they wanted to allow everybody to have a .50 cal machine gun, he would agree so as to be in favor. He will go with what ever the flavor of the month is.

His other area of knowlege, I don't think would do him much good in the General Assembly. From what I understand, he used to own a few topless adult clubs. I think he was in that business for several years.

Again, being self employed, neither business gave him any health benefits. He reportedly has a good deal of money but hey, a real bad health issue for an elderly person can go through a lot of money fast. He wants a government backed health plan and he will sell you, me, the TFA, the NRA and TGO right down the crapper to get it. He is NOT to be trusted.

Guest HankRearden

I will be exercising my property rights by not attending any of his shows.

Maybe if more of us voted with our wallets this tool would get a clue.

I will be exercising my property rights by not attending any of his shows.

Maybe if more of us voted with our wallets this tool would get a clue.

Too late for that tactic, Pope is out of the gun show business. He now is pandering to the Leadership of the Legislature and the Governor, resting upon his gains from the shooting sports enthusiast who have made him rich, (well that, and his previous ownership of topless clubs), a legend in his own mind.

• Administrator

Too late for that tactic, Pope is out of the gun show business. He now is pandering to the Leadership of the Legislature and the Governor, resting upon his gains from the shooting sports enthusiast who have made him rich, (well that, and his previous ownership of topless clubs), a legend in his own mind.

He's a class act all the way around. I will never forget the day that Daniel, Fallguy and I attended the big "Guns in Bars" hearing a few years back and sat near this jackass. Prior to the hearing he was going on about how it was illegal for someone 18 years old to buy a handgun from a private individual, to which we all responded he was wrong. Pope began to argue with us about that until finally John Harris told him we were correct, which shut him up.

He struck me as a moron back then, which made me wonder why Harris even entertained his company. I guess there was some "usefulness" in him for the TFA during that period in time and he just hadn't become the loose canon on deck that he is now. Whatever the reason for that friendship was, he never seemed like the kind of person I wanted to be associated with or who could possibly be doing any favors to Tennessee's gun owners if he didn't know any more about the basics than that.

Fast forward 2-3 years and whattayaknow... I was right.

His comments in his latest email about my ability to park elsewhere do nothing but display his total lack of knowlege about the circumstances in Memphis. Of the secured lots in the airport area surrounding the FedEx facilities, only ONE is on a public street that allows for parking. ALL the others do NOT allow parking on the street and any parking elsewhere would be a considerable distance away. (oh by-the-way, the lot I park in is NOT on the street that allows parking.) Bob is a liar. But then again, desperate men do desperate things.

Pope is no different from the snarky member of the Williamson County Board of Education who, when I emailed ALL members of the Board regarding my concerns about the county "opting out" of the so-called "guns in parks" bill a couple of years ago (or whenever it was), told me that if I was too scared to go to a county park without my gun then I should just stay out. I replied and told him that he was everything I had come to expect from my elected representatives.

He's a class act all the way around. I will never forget the day that Daniel, Fallguy and I attended the big "Guns in Bars" hearing a few years back and sat near this jackass. Prior to the hearing he was going on about how it was illegal for someone 18 years old to buy a handgun from a private individual, to which we all responded he was wrong. Pope began to argue with us about that until finally John Harris told him we were correct, which shut him up.

He struck me as a moron back then, which made me wonder why Harris even entertained his company. I guess there was some "usefulness" in him for the TFA during that period in time and he just hadn't become the loose canon on deck that he is now. Whatever the reason for that friendship was, he never seemed like the kind of person I wanted to be associated with or who could possibly be doing any favors to Tennessee's gun owners if he didn't know any more about the basics than that.

Fast forward 2-3 years and whattayaknow... I was right.

I remember that.

I kind of the feeling he was bit "off" then....but thought it was slightly to our benefit. But that has changed (or my perception for sure) in the last few years.

He made his millions off the gun owners in Tennessee...sold his shows, sold his strip clubs and now must be bored and needing something to get him out of bed in the morning. The SOB should take up golf or knitting or something.

He's burned bridges and a few gunstores as well from what I've been told.

He made his millions off the gun owners in Tennessee...sold his shows, sold his strip clubs and now must be bored and needing something to get him out of bed in the morning. The SOB should take up golf or knitting or something.

He's burned bridges and a few gunstores as well from what I've been told.

He may have 'made millions', but if he's looking for a state job in order to get the health benefits, he certainly did't keep millions! And that brings up another point. I have to find it reprehensible that he is looking to stiff the taxpayers for his poor decisions. State meployees are suposed to give the taxpayers value for their money. And we are supposed to believe that Bob Pope will be able to give us enough value for the work he does on a made-up position to offset the salary plus benefits he will receive? I'm not buying that. And we should be telling our reps that they should not be buying it either!

To show how snappy the administration is, they are almost talked into making Pope the new "Gun Czar", with that load of what Farmer Brown hauled off that he packs with him everywhere he goes.

Of course I predict that in fact, it was them were playing him, and now that they have been able to count on his support and used him up for what good he was able to do for them, he will soon be kicked to the curb.

Edited by Worriedman