Politicians with Handgun Carry Permits

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposed to follow the same rules: yes. Do they....suffice it to say that in a recent conversation RE pending legisaltion in the GA, a local representative told me that it was just easier to "do what you need to do, like I do" rather than actually change the law.

Guest bluecanary25

I know several State politicians with permits. They do not carry any different than you or I.

Legislature is a posted site.

• 2 weeks later...

I know several State politicians with permits. They do not carry any different than you or I.

Legislature is a posted site.

And ask yourself why Legislative Plaza is still posted? One person is holding it up, Beth Harwell, she could sign a letter tomorrow with the State Senate and the Plaza would no longer be off limits. RINO Beth Harwell, the problem.

If a HCP is all you have saying you can carry then you must follow the same rules. Other than LEO very few can carry everywhere(well almost everywhere). EG-Some judges will have credentials to carry like LEO.

Guest bluecanary25

And ask yourself why Legislative Plaza is still posted? One person is holding it up, Beth Harwell, she could sign a letter tomorrow with the State Senate and the Plaza would no longer be off limits. RINO Beth Harwell, the problem.

I don't know why the Plaza is still POSTED. Wish it wasn't.

But it does have a security force on the premises. Even have dogs that bark! :cop:

So I do not feel unsafe.

But it does have a security force on the premises. Even have dogs that bark! :cop:

So I do not feel unsafe.

I still wouldn't go there after dark.

I recently heard a local state representative speak. The topic of conversation was the parking lot bill. He said that he was a supporter of the second amendment, a member of the NRA, he had an NRA hat that he wore and that he had a 9mm handgun "out in his truck". (It was obvious he had it for protection while he traveled on his job.) He did not say if he has his HCP or not, but I'll assume he does He then went on to say that the parking lot bill did not make sense, it would only lead to trouble, etc. and that he was going to vote against it. His words and actions were contradictory to say the least.

So I do not feel unsafe.

I can tell you exactly why it's still posted, Beth Harwell! She won't sign the order removing the postings, if people would flood her office with calls, it could be unposted tomorrow. And I'd rather be armed going to and from the plaza than not, while the plaza might be safe the areas around where you have to park often aren't, even more so after dark.

More importantly, those security guards have no obligation to protect me...

There are people (like myself) who strongly believe in God given rights, that don't agree with the parking lot bill. Some of us believe that property rights are just as important as the rights protected by the second amendment. Now if the law was to ban posting in government parking lots I'd be 100% behind it.

But my property is MY property and I should be able to set the rules for my property... don't like my rules, go do business with somebody else.

The problem here is that people won't take a stand... I will never again work for somebody who says I can't have a firearm on my person at all times as a condition of employment, let alone I can't leave one out in my car. I won't go to a business which is posted and give them 1 red cent. So for me the problem is solved.... The places I can't avoid? The government! I have to do business with the government I have no choice in the matter, and they can and do prevent me from carrying a firearm for protection... We should be stripping the government of it's power to post, not private business owners.

Want to carry where you work? Simple find a business that doesn't care, start your own business, but don't just sit there and beg the government to come to your rescue! You're a free person (or at least they keep telling us that lie), put on your big boy pants, and go earn a living at a company that respects your basic rights to protect yourself.

People who want the parking lot bill are no better than the OWS crowd IMHO... You can solve this problem without the government passing another law.

Now, if you want to repeal parts or all of 39-17-1359, I'll be there with bells on ;)

I recently heard a local state representative speak. The topic of conversation was the parking lot bill. He said that he was a supporter of the second amendment, a member of the NRA, he had an NRA hat that he wore and that he had a 9mm handgun "out in his truck". (It was obvious he had it for protection while he traveled on his job.) He did not say if he has his HCP or not, but I'll assume he does He then went on to say that the parking lot bill did not make sense, it would only lead to trouble, etc. and that he was going to vote against it. His words and actions were contradictory to say the least.

• 5 weeks later...

I would check his contributor list and see if Fed Ex is one of those who gives him money, or if the speaker's PAC contributed. That contradiction can be attributed to cold hard cash.

......The problem here is that people won't take a stand... I will never again work for somebody who says I can't have a firearm on my person at all times as a condition of employment, let alone I can't leave one out in my car. I won't go to a business which is posted and give them 1 red cent. So for me the problem is solved....Want to carry where you work? Simple find a business that doesn't care, start your own business, but don't just sit there and beg the government to come to your rescue! You're a free person (or at least they keep telling us that lie), put on your big boy pants, and go earn a living at a company that respects your basic rights to protect yourself.

That's easy to say when you're getting a check each week. When you need a job, it's a bit more difficult!

Guest bkelm18

That's easy to say when you're getting a check each week. When you need a job, it's a bit more difficult!

You got that right. Food on my table is more important than a gun on my hip.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest 270win

Why is the statehouse posted with signs prohibiting carry? There is no state law requiring it to be this way and most people cannot legally carry a gun in public anyway. Are the politicians afraid of us?

Why is the statehouse posted with signs prohibiting carry? There is no state law requiring it to be this way and most people cannot legally carry a gun in public anyway. Are the politicians afraid of us?

The voting records show most politicians have no fear of the citizens.

The voting records show most politicians have no fear of the citizens.

In fact, judging from my personal experience, most politicians loath us. We are an at best an annoyance, "yapping chihuahuas at the heels of progress" and "ignorant of how politics work".

Edited by R_Bert

In fact, judging from my personal experience, most politicians loath us. We are an at best an annoyance, "yapping chihuahuas at the heels of progress" and "ignorant of how politics work".

I get so tired of the politicos making the statement that the average Citizen does not understand "how politics work".

It is simple, on the average they follow the money to amass power for themselves.