Is that a Kahr in your pocket, or...

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

Greetings.

I have a quick question regarding pocket carry Kahrs. I have always carried a j-frame snubbie .38spl in the summer, but my wife recently got her HCP, and she is going to carry my 442 full-time. So, I'm in need of a summer carry gun, and I prefer pocket. Most of the year I carry a Springfield XD .40 sub-compact in a SmartCarry, in my MTAC, or Crossbreed Supertuck. As it gets warmer, I'm looking for a shorts pocket size gun.

I also have decided on a Kahr this go-round. And definitely the .40S&W. My wife will likely carry this gun as well at some point, and she prefers the thin frame of the Kahr. Plus, it's lightweight.

On to my question. I know the Kahr PM is 'pocketable.'

Does anyone pocket-carry the CW or the P? Whether you do or not...is it feasible? I must also say...I could pull it off pretty well if the only consideration is size. I'm 6'6" and 370 pounds. I could almost pocket carry a small framed policeman.

Pocket-carry a CW or P? I found a really good deal on a CW, that's why I ask about that model in particular.

Thanks!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest utarch00

I pocket carry a PM9 everyday. I would say that pocket carrying a CW or P could be possible if you have very deep pockets. I think the PM9 is a better way to go, IMHO.

Guest TNDixieGirl

Before I bought the CW9, I held both the CW9 and the PM9 in my hands, side-by-side. After looking them over very thoroughly, the size difference is so minimal that I can't believe for one second it'd make a difference. If you can pocket the PM9, you should be able to pocket the CW9. Personally, I carry the CW9 IWB.

I pocket carry the PM9 most every day. I also own a CW40 and I have stuck it in my pocket just to see if I can, it will fit in my pocket but if I need to draw it, it is more difficult to clear my pocket with the CW40 than it is with the PM9, the handle and barrell are both longer on the CW40 than the PM9, the grip handle is what causes me problems. If, (and I would imagine you do) you have rather large pockets then I would not think it would be any problem for you to carry the CW model in your pocket. I wear size 38-30 pants and the pockets are not so big, at the top on my pants.

Guest General_Mayhem

PM9 in Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for a couple years now. I take care when buying shorts and pants to find deep-pockets models, as most (especially jeans) don't give me the depth that I prefer to keep concealed the handgun. Some carpenter pants and shorts have slender tool or phone pockets one on leg that serve well for carrying a spare magazine.