Chick Fil A in Memphis: Now Carry Friendly

Guest TAFKAP

Guest TAFKAP

***UPDATE***

Still nothing further on the 4916 Poplar location. However, TAFKAP Jr. and I decided to try the one at "Paragon Place" near the corner of Poplar and Massey. They are quite alright with handgun carry at that location, so we happily ate. I submitted the following feedback to CFA's website:

I spent last week trying to obtain a definitive stance on CFA's corporate policy regarding local stores' discrimination against legal handgun carriers in TN. I'm happy to report that another local FSU will be receiving my happy business in place of the store at 4916 Poplar Avenue. The "Paragon Place" FSU has not found it necessary to turn away TN Handgun Carry Permit holders, and will be receiving all business I would've otherwise directed at the other location. This morning's breakfast with my son held up to every high expectation I have of Chick Fil A. I will be frequently returning.

P.S. I anxiously await Chick Fil A's corporate policy with regard to handgun carry in local stores.

Thank you very much.

Guest TAFKAP

I tend to agree with this.

No need :D The store owner sent an email out this evening. I also posted a similar thread on TNDeer.com http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2810813&page=1#Post2810813 , and another member submitted feedback to CFA corporate as well. We both received the following email this evening.

"I have removed the no gun signs and would love to have you as a guest in our Chick-fil-A.

Scott Malone"

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

***MODERATORS***

I think this is a good thread to keep for discussion purposes. Could you please edit the thread title to the effect of "Chick Fil A in Memphis: Carry Friendly Again" ??

Thanks!

• Moderators

Awesome news. :up: thanks for taking the initiative here. I hadn't noticed that location being posted because I normally go to the Massey location, but I still want to thank you for helping get that one back open and available to those of us who carry.

Guest db99wj

Scott Malone seems and appears to have proven he is a decent guy open to reason. He runs a good store, the people are nice and friendly and get the job done, above and beyond what most if not all other fast food places give you. Glad to see he had a change of heart.

I wonder if one of the cronies at the restaurant association local chapter have been going around "promoting" these "gun free" zone stickers. I haven't been there this week, so far, but if I do get over there, I might say something positive to him.

Guest uofmeet

Glad to see that. I eat their about once a week with my some family members for lunch. My wife noticed the sign and I meant to talk to Mr. Malone but it never seemed to work out. Guess I don't have to feel guilty about eating there anymore.