Well, hello there ...

Guest BangBoomBang

Guest BangBoomBang

I'm a long-time Tennessee resident, almost all of my life, actually. I've moved away a few times, but nothing is quite like Tennessee for me. I'm rather new to the gun world. I grew up, in a home, where guns were in the house, but only for deer hunting.

I've owned a couple of glocks so far, and they really are just not for me. I've had a 23 and now have a 27. I'm very much in the "learning to shoot properly" mode. I don't yet have my cc permit, but am taking a course in the next few weeks.

So, for now, I'm just hanging out, enjoying the environment here, and looking to meet and talk with like-minded people.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome!

I am also not a glock fan, like yourself our first autos were glocks, because when you do not know what you want, almost all gun salesmen will direct the buyer to the glock. They do this because glocks are popular, which is because new shooters all get told to buy one, which makes them sell, .... its a never ending circle :P

Time to try out as many guns as you can, and keep notes on the brand & models that you like and dislike. This should be a fun process, meeting folks in your area and playing with lots of different guns while saving up to buy one when you figure out what you want. If you happen to be near chattanooga, you can try some of mine.

Guest BangBoomBang

Howdy and Welcome to TGO :wave:

Thank you D. I see you're quite the amiable greeter! :D

welcome!

I am also not a glock fan, like yourself our first autos were glocks, because when you do not know what you want, almost all gun salesmen will direct the buyer to the glock. They do this because glocks are popular, which is because new shooters all get told to buy one, which makes them sell, .... its a never ending circle :P

Yes! That is exactly what happened to me. I don't regret it, but it certainly was a learning experience. When you explain it like that, it's so easy to see how they really are everywhere!

Time to try out as many guns as you can, and keep notes on the brand & models that you like and dislike. This should be a fun process, meeting folks in your area and playing with lots of different guns while saving up to buy one when you figure out what you want. If you happen to be near chattanooga, you can try some of mine.

I'm pretty much flying blind when it comes to picking-out another brand and model of a gun. I've had very limited access to any actual variety. I've shot a Glock 23 & 27, 12 GA & 410 (not sure of the brands), an older and well-used Nighthawk .45, and some model of 9mm Glock.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet and shoot with you sometime. Though, I'm not from the Chattanooga area. I'm around the Shelbyville area, but Chatt isn't too far of a drive.

My next "plan", was to save up for an SW1911 E Series. Though, this plan wasn't due to any experience I've had with a S&W. It was simply an attraction to an American-made, aesthetically-pleasing piece that fires .45 ammo. :usa:

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, welcome to TGO. I think you will find most people here to be very friendly and helpful.

The S&W E Series is a nice piece. You should also check out the Ruger SR1911 witch is also made right here in the USA. I if can alway shoot before you buy!