Springfield announces XD-M

• Administrator

Someone over on Glocktalk leaked photos of the new XD-M handguns yesterday but apparently Springfield shut them down post-haste. The photos have since been removed, but there is now a link on Springfield's website that invites you to sign up for daily email announcements about the new (M) factor.

:D

I'm still searching for photos. Apparently it's a new version of the XD that lowers the bore axis (about damn time) and improves the grip by making it fill the hand a little better.

*** EDIT ... Photos Located ***

photo13.jpgphoto12.jpgphoto11.jpgphoto10.jpgphoto10.jpgphoto9.jpgphoto8.jpgphoto7.jpgphoto6.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atomemphis
I saw that on xdtalk.I have not seen the pics,but just about everyone said it was ugly :D Damn glockies :tinfoil:

Don't think existing XD's look to bad in comparison to some other combat tupperware out there. I'd like to find these pictures of the 'ugly' gun.

Thank you sir!

Well, I don't think it really looks much different, just more bevel treatment of the slide, and a slightly different molded frame... but I bet the internals are pretty much still the same. If the capacity has really been improved that much, these will make awesome USPSA guns... (ponders :D)

They are unconventional looking... but not horribly so, I agree they resemble a P99 slightly. That's not a bad thing. I'm not into firearms as a fashion statement, in either case.

The grip looks awfully Walther P99-ish.

Someone on glocktalk said it looks like an M&P :D

It looks to me like an XD tactical with deeper thumb hole thingy,different grip pattern,and a moon shaped cut out on the slide

That appears to be a 4 1/2" barrel on that gun, as well... it's shorter than the current Tactical, and longer than the Service. I wonder if they have done the smart thing and eliminated the distinction and went with the middle ground?