Some recent projects...

I've been on vacation from my day job for the last few weeks and outside of my "honey-do" list I've been plugging away at some of my own projects and I thought I would share. Don't be too alarmed by some of the following, you may not want to be drinking anything before you start to scroll down.

Kimber Tactical Pro II Before Picture:

IMG_0911.jpg

Kimber Tactical Pro II After Picture, refinished in an OD Green to pick up some of the color in the grips:

photo1-1.jpg

Another Kimber done in Satin Aluminum and Blue Titanium, those aren't the grips that were staying on:

KIMBERALBLUE.jpg

Mossberg 590 that was done in an OD Green:

Mossberg590.jpg

Ruger LCP before:

LCPGREENBLACK.jpg

Ruger LCP after with a MagPul Flat Dark Earth slide:

LCPGREENTAN.jpg

Last, but not least, put down your drinks and hide your children's eyes...

S&W 442 Airweight Before picture:

442BLACK.jpg

and......

after......

442GREEN.jpg

done in a "highlighter" green, actually shocker yellow with a chrome base.

Hope everyone enjoys, and let the laughs come....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok about that 442....

Why? Just something different or?

The kimbers and the lcp look great. Im a big fan of the od and fde color combo

Customer specifically wanted "highlighter green". I personally think Chris did an unbelieveable job of making a less than desireable choice a look as good as it possiby could. While it wouldn't be my choice i kinda like that green 442. Great job Chris and the customer was very happy!

Glad to hear they liked it, I wanted to show the pictures of my daughters bike that I tried to complete today, that will have to come in an update. There are several other that need to be reassembled and I'll post pictures of them up here in a future show and tell project postings.

Little teaser for you guys, there will be a chrome and black chrome 10/22 coming, just need more time in a day...or no wife nagging me.

The grips on the Kimber Tac Pro are the thing that I am not crazy about.

I think the 442 is kinda cool. Might look better if everything but the cylinder and grips were green, but that's just my humble opinion (which my wife keeps reminding me is worthless).

Certain finishes don't allow for items with tight tolerances to be done. I would have liked to do everything but the cylinder and grips on the revolver, but I felt it better to have a functioning pistol at the end of the day.

Most of these pistols, all I can say is...different strokes. If you open my gun safe there isn't too much out of the ordinary in there...yet, I'll be getting one and that will probably be the only one.