waffles anyone?

http://www.reuters.c...E83C1B320120413

What I got out of it:

A Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday showed that 68 percent, or two out of three respondents, had a favorable opinion of the NRA, which lobbies against limits on gun ownership.

When a liberal operation like reuters says this, its not good for the brady bunch.

Oh, and of course:

During his unsuccessful 2008 run for the nomination, Romney said he did not walk in lockstep with the NRA.... well duh. He is one of those that gracefully acknowledges that we might be able to own one bolt action hunting rifle or a double barreled shotgun.

Edited by Jonnin

"U.S. presidential hopeful Mitt Romney vowed to gun owners on Friday he would reverse what he called the restrictive gun policies of President Barack Obama."

what restrictions has Obama placed on us to date since he was elected POTUS? Have I gone brain dead and forgot something?

• Like 1

"U.S. presidential hopeful Mitt Romney vowed to gun owners on Friday he would reverse what he called the restrictive gun policies of President Barack Obama."

what restrictions has Obama placed on us to date since he was elected POTUS? Have I gone brain dead and forgot something?

none that I know of.

One was multiple rifles in border states having special reporting. Reauthorized the Chinese rifle/ammo ban under another directive, but can get both from Russia, duh. Almost stopped the Saiga shotguns. Couple of those technically under BATF and not O directly though.

But in general, you're right -- seems it's been more in suggestive comments than action. And of course I guess the biggest thing is the UN small arms restriction treaty thing he and Hildebeeste periodically harp on.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

One was multiple rifles in border states having special reporting. Reauthorized the Chinese rifle/ammo ban under another directive, but can get both from Russia, duh. Almost stopped the Saiga shotguns. Couple of those technically under BATF and not O directly though.

But in general, you're right -- seems it's been more in suggestive comments than action. And of course I guess the biggest thing is the UN small arms restriction treaty thing he and Hildebeeste periodically harp on.

- OS

Stopped the Korean 30 carbines

blocked m1 garand imports?

Claimed to be working on gun control under the radar.

probably behind fast and furious which was likely an attempt to make the gun industry look bad before it backfired.

Multiple times apologised/commented to supporters that he wanted to do more but it was too unpopular at this time, waiting for a better moment.

Guest HvyMtl

Didnt he sign to allow carry in fed parks?

Look, its unpopular, so he won't do it, as he learned the hard way by pushing thru O care. Cost his party too much.

And now, since the GOP can deadlock the Congress, it aint gonna happen, even if he gets reelected.

As for Mitt, he waffles, and he will say something quite the opposite later, depending on the audience. Just that simple. Well, just that sad...

Edited by HvyMtl

Everyone always says Romney is anti 2A. Usually the left, but the facts do not support that accusation. GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) is the Official Mass. State Arm of the NRA. Here is what they have to say about it in their "Special Report" on Romney and the 2A.

http://www.goal.org/...ges/romney.html

Dig deeper.

In 1994 he backed two gun-control measures: the Brady Law, which imposed a five-day waiting period on gun sales, and a ban on certain assault weapons, saying, "I think they will help."

He signed the nation's first ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts and steeply increased fees on gun owners. His claim was this was to get the pro and anti gunners to work together, the pro gunner got.... the right to cross a road when hunting.

A nice quote from him: "We also should keep weapons of unusual lethality from being on the street" and "And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that’s something I would consider signing" -- apparently this means semi-automatics holding more than 10 rounds.

---- It is pretty clear that if he were handed a fresh copy of the brady bill, he would sign it in a heartbeat.

He also lied about being a lifelong hunter --- evidence suggests that he hunted twice in his life, one for a campaign dove hunt, and once when he was a teenager.

Edited by Jonnin

There is but one ban I want lifted. It is the Hughes amendment.

And by all accounts it shouldn't have passed but our pal Charlie Rangel (yes the same one investigated for ethics biolations) declared it as passing a voice vote. Everyone knew it would not pass a by name vote so he called for a voice vote. And even then it was obvious it didn't pass.

Even if it were be brought up again a lot of NFA investors would try to block it to keep from loosing money.

Dolomite

I listened to the entire speech, and don't recall him saying that. I think it's either a misquote, or some context is missing

Unfortunately you can't take anything Romney says from now till November to heart, he's gonna slip and slide from the right to just a shade past middle left and back again. . . Its about getting the vote in swing states. I'm not a big Romney fan but he's what we've got. .disecting him does us no good. Just throw your weight behind him and pray. Sarah Palin said it best "Anybody but Obama". .and unfortunately thats about all we got. .

Romney is NOT a conservative by anyone's measure. He is a Republican Party creature, who believes in big-government solutions.

Still, he has one major defining characteristic that will get him my vote in November; he is not a communist. Yes, he is the 'lesser of two evils'. And not a whole lot 'lesser'. But I will vote for him to oppose an Obama 2nd term, and also do my best to ensure that the House and Senate have as many conservatives as possible. To me, that seems to be our best course.