Ruger 22/45 Lite

Capbyrd

Ruger just announced a new 22/45 variant. Its an aluminum receiver and barrel assembly that weighs in at almost 10 ounces less than the 22/45 TB.

The receiver is gold anodized (i kinda like it but I know a lot of people wont). The barrel liner is held under tension from what I read and the end is threaded 1/2x28. this will be a great option for people that don't want the hassle of buying a complete gun and then getting a pac lite.

MSRP is $469 but thats only 30 dollars more than the TB. Expect street prices to be mid to high 300s. Considering a pac lite is 285 or more, I think its a great deal.

3900.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested if the breech is aluminum or steel. I have a PacLitr and it has aluminum. The breech face gets mushroomed from use and exposes the barrel liner. They have replaced it once already and it is already showing the same issue.

Here is what happens in a few thousand rounds:

IMG_2134-1.jpg

Again this is PacLite not Ruger. But if Ruger has an aluminum breech face it will do the same because of the steel bolt being harder.

It is a nice light pistol but useless if durability is an issue.

Dolomite

I'm with you Dolomite but I haven't been able to find anything that says or pics that might show. I do know however, that the tension system they are using is very different from the pac lite.

This is the best I can find and its not large enough to make anything out.

Ruger.jpg

On second thought, it looks like its thicker than the pac lite liner. And it looks like a steel breech face.

Edited by Capbyrd

I'm with you Dolomite but I haven't been able to find anything that says or pics that might show. I do know however, that the tension system they are using is very different from the pac lite.

This is the best I can find and its not large enough to make anything out.

Ruger.jpg

On second thought, it looks like its thicker than the pac lite liner. And it looks like a steel breech face.

That one will not have the same problem as the PacLite. You can see it is steel that the bolt hits.

Dolomite

I would be interested if the breech is aluminum or steel. I have a PacLitr and it has aluminum. The breech face gets mushroomed from use and exposes the barrel liner. They have replaced it once already and it is already showing the same issue. Here is what happens in a few thousand rounds: IMG_2134-1.jpg Again this is PacLite not Ruger. But if Ruger has an aluminum breech face it will do the same because of the steel bolt being harder. It is a nice light pistol but useless if durability is an issue. Dolomite

Not to hi-jack the thread but Dolomite you just saved me $329.00, I was about to order a PacLite and saw your comment and picture. As always you definitely bring some outstanding knowledge and experience to the forum. So I just fired off a question to Volquartsen about the new LLV and what the breech was made of.

Sp

They are light but they have the design flaw I mentioned earlier. Ours weighs 20 ounces empty and makes long range sessions easier. But you are limited on the number of those long range sessions you can be a part of.

It is about as accurate as a factory Ruger upper and for me the draw was it being threaded. But in the end I couldn't use it because of baffle strikes. I would be willing to bet they are threaded on a CNC and indexed on the outside and not the bore.

It now sits in a drawer and rarely gets used.

Dolomite