NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg on Florida: ‘License to murder’

Guest profgunner

Guest profgunner

From Politico: "Speaking at the National Press Club, Bloomberg was headlining an event launching a national “Second Chance on Shoot First†campaign, which aims to block or repeal Stand Your Ground laws around the country in the wake of the Martin shooting. He was joined by Democratic Florida state Sen. Chris Smith, the NAACP’s Hilary Shelton and Urban League President Mark Moriel.

Bloomberg said the effort would be a grassroots campaign that would include lawmaker outreach in all 50 states and designing model legislation."

Folks, we need to maintain vigilance. Anyone want to bet on Mitt Romney taking a pro-2nd Amendment stand on this? I'll give you 50-1 odds against that.

Here is a link to their site:

http://secondchanceonshootfirst.org/

Note that they don't give an option for expressing your views, just expect you to fill out the form like a sheep. I suggest we email our representatives expressing our support for SYG in Tennessee.

Edited by profgunner
Guest 6.8 AR

A once Democrat, once Republican and now independent mayor blooming idiot. He loves power.

Bloomberg looks in the pool of water for that wonderful reflection, just like our dear president.

I wish that moron would just keep his mouth shut. If guns are so bad then why are most of highest crime areas in the country those that have strict gun control? Some examples of cities and states are Illinois, California, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, East St. Louis, NEW YORK CITY.

Maybe that idiot Bloomberg should try explaining why his city is such a crap hole where thugs prey on citizens every day with guns they procured ILLEGALLY. But I guess hood rats and thieves have more rights than a regular law abiding citizen. Right? If Bloomberg doesn't like our gun laws then maybe he should move to England. I really can't stand that idiot.

Here is an email I just sent to Mayor Bloomberg's new campaign to stop SYG.

"I for one, will never support your campaign.  And frankly, now that I am aware of it I will do everything in my power to rally people against it.  SYG laws make it possible for average citizens to defend themselves from hostile attacks by a criminal who is intent on doing harm to them or those around them. Your campaign is just another attempt by Mayor Bloomberg to strip 2nd amendment rights away from law abiding citizens one law at a time. He needs to take a look at his own city as a shining example that gun control does not work and it will never work.  Taking those rights away from a law abiding citizen only enables a criminal and creates more innocent victims.  One incident is not a justification to rally against the right of Americans to defend themselves from attack.  This campaign will be futile and I will rally behind the NRA to ensure that, along with other people who oppose your campaign. Just thought I'd let you know. Thank you and have a great day."

Guest 6.8 AR

I wouldn't make a practice of doing that. It empowers those idiots every time someone acknowledges

their existence. Silence is the best response to their kind.

This infuriated me so much that I just went straight to the NRA's website and renewed my membership. It expired a while back and I neglected to restart it. I also got a couple new T-Shirts while I was at it. Anti-gun morons like Bloomberg sure do a great job of boosting the NRA's ranks. He's a great marketing tool for pro-gun folks such as myself.

The NRA does use a lot of tactics to boost its membership, but Bloomberg and Obama are real threats to our 2nd Amendment. And the NRA is our greatest weapon. Here's a question I would like to have answered. If guns are not needed then why does Bloomberg's body guards all carry them? Why does Obama need Secret Service guys that carry guns? Why do banks have armed security guards?

Yes, those questions are all pulled directly off the NRA's website. But they do make a very good and relevant point.

Guest 6.8 AR

Please tell me they have term limits for NYC mayor...

They do, was two and this is Bloomberg's third term. He swayed the city council or commissioners to change it for him,

last term.