Ever Meet a TV Actor?

When I was a porter at a Holiday Inn next to Worlds Of Fun in 1978 I "met" Willie Aames, ("Tommy Bradford" from Eight Is Enough), and he was a complete A-hole that had me resisting the urge to beat the crap out of him. I also met the majority of The Oak Ridge Boys. Every one of them that I met were very nice. The bass not so much. He likes to hide from the public according to one of the group members.

I also met the majority of The Oak Ridge Boys. Every one of them that I met were very nice. The bass not so much. He likes to hide from the public according to one of the group members.

Richard's a pretty shy guy. He really is nice, just not as outgoing as the other guys.

Richard's a pretty shy guy. He really is nice, just not as outgoing as the other guys.

I have to admit that I felt a bit jaded. I sing bass as well, and he's the one that I really wanted to meet. I don't know the names of the group, but the little high tenor with the curly hair was extremely nice, and he's the one who told me that Richard liked to hide on the bus. He tipped well too. :)

Joe Bonsall. He's the tenor. Bumped into him at G&L in Hendersonville a couple weeks back. I snuck up behind him and said, "Whatever Richard's done now, it ain't worth it, Joe." He turned and looked at me, laughed out loud, and hugged my neck. He's a great guy.

Stop me if I've told this before....

In the mid seventies I was a monorail host at Walt Disney World. One day I was driving one of the hotel trains, and as we were boarding passengers at the Polynesian Resort platform, I was walking back to the cab to await dispatch when a female voice behind me said "May we ride up front with you?". When I turned around, I was looking at none other than Elizabeth Montgomery and her husband Robert Foxworth. You older guys know who I'm talking about. I was so tongue tied I could hardly talk as I had a crush on her as a child and watched Bewitched religiously. She was just as beautiful in person as she was on TV, if not more so. They were both two of the most gracious and friendly people I have ever met in my entire life.

So did she get her ride up front?

This doesn't really count but I knew a fellow Marine that ran into Lynda Carter, (Wonder Woman), in Palm Springs and he said that she was a complete bee-otch.

While riding my motorcycle back from Camp Pendleton to 29 Palms I passed this Jaguar with a license plate that read "Jaclyn." I looked at the driver and it was Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels. I darn near wrecked my motorcycle.

Edited by SWJewellTN

This doesn't really count but I knew a fellow Marine that ran into Lynda Carter, (Wonder Woman), in Palm Springs and he said that she was a complete bee-otch.

I met her under completely different circumstances. She was singing, doing a jazz gig, and our own evicted "Ralph G. Briscoe" (David Hungate) was playing bass. He introduced us, and she was very nice. But, ya never know...

I met her under completely different circumstances. She was singing, doing a jazz gig, and our own evicted "Ralph G. Briscoe" (David Hungate) was playing bass. He introduced us, and she was very nice. But, ya never know...

Perhaps the circumstances or the years and relative anonymity changed her. :shrug:

I met Sonny Shroyer (Enos from Dukes of Hazard) when I was bout 4. I have a picture from that. Then I met him again a few years ago, so now I have pictures of me taken with him about 30 years apart. He has aged, but not 30 years. He's like Dick Clark....keeps looking younger.

I met pretty much the entire cast of Happy Days almost 30 years ago. We were stationed at Kadena AFB on Okinawa and they came over for a USO sponsored celebrity softball game. That was pretty cool.

Not TV, but I got to have dinner with World Series MVP Bobby Richardson of the '55-'66 Yankees. He also came over to Kadena, but this was for a chapel thing. He came over to share his personal testimony with the troops. He's a popular Christian speaker and big in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. My dad was a chaplain, so he managed to get himself assigned to Mr. Richardson while he was visiting. Dinner was just him, my dad, brother, and me at the Officers' Club on base. I have a ball and glove signed by him and personalized to me.

I was only 5 or 6 at the time of both Bobby Richardson and the Happy Days cast. I wish I could have had those experiences later when I could really understand them more and appreciate them.

I used the urinal in the Orlando airport next to ESPN's Chris Fowler :eek: (actually I've seen a lot of celebrates passing through airports) and the Almond Brothers lived next door to my wife when she was growing up in Daytona :cool:. That's about the best I can offer :leaving:.

Stop me if I've told this before....

In the mid seventies I was a monorail host at Walt Disney World. One day I was driving one of the hotel trains, and as we were boarding passengers at the Polynesian Resort platform, I was walking back to the cab to await dispatch when a female voice behind me said "May we ride up front with you?". When I turned around, I was looking at none other than Elizabeth Montgomery and her husband Robert Foxworth. You older guys know who I'm talking about. I was so tongue tied I could hardly talk as I had a crush on her as a child and watched Bewitched religiously. She was just as beautiful in person as she was on TV, if not more so. They were both two of the most gracious and friendly people I have ever met in my entire life.

Wow! I always had a crush on her also, along with Barbara Eden. Watched them both!

Guest drwright6

I met Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jesse Ventura at a restaurant in Pittsburgh back in 1986. In the 90's I worked at the Sheraton Inn on top of the Huntsville Int Airport as a maintenance man. We had a lot of VIPs stay in the hotel since it was convenient to jump off the plane and up the elevator to your room. One day I got a call from the hotel front desk to check out a TV in one of the guest room. When I got to the room I knocked on the door and Hulk Hogan opened it. He was pissed off at the TV. It didn't take long to fix it and get out. It was strange being the only other person in a room with him. HUGE arms at the time. I guess meeting these guy would have been great if I liked wrestling. Never been a fan, but it was still pretty cool. I went out for lunch one day and sat at a table next to George Goober Lindsey. He was eating alone and reading a magazine. As much as I would like to have talked to him I couldn't bring myself to bother him while he was eating.

I had the honor and privilege of meeting WKRP's own Les Nessman (Richard Sanders) at a Memphis Riverkings hockey game back in the 90's. He graciously signed a letter sized, xeroxed photo of himself for me....well kinda me, I told him my name was Ian. :D

I once knew a guy that was featured in the opening credits of Cops. Does that count? :)

As a kid, I met Confederate Railroad. Close friend of my family was close friends of them. Actually had their tour buss parked a while infront of our house once.

As an adult, I've met a few D-listers. Met Jessica Andrews briefly. Met Rick Honeycutt (baseball great;uncle was his painter for years) and Jess Robinson (big time PB girl).

Had the chance to meet Dennis Shaun Bowman once (google him).:ugh:

years ago when attending the SHOT show in Atlanta I was able to shake hands and have a few words with Slim Pickens. He has always been one of my favorite character actors.

Sat at a table next to Mohamad Ali some years ago. He was there with his wife, it was really sort of pitiful. Several peple asked for his autograph and he really had a hard time doing it, this would have been back in the 80s.

Though I did not get to shake his hand or personally meet him, Charleston Heston came to Nash. for an NRA meeting and I had a front row spot. He was a great american.

Saw one of the local TV weather women last Christmas at a clothing store, damn she was ugly, didn't look anything like her tv-self. My son and I were almost afraid we were staring too much just because we couldn't belive the rough as a cob look. And I used to think she was ok.

Edited by seez52

In college I bartended before I was legal to drink. Worked at about the only classy place you could get liquor by the drink then in Knoxville, the Senator's Club.

Served a bunch of both TN and national pols there, but the real thrill was Kirby Grant. That's Sky King!! (I know, means nothing to whippersnappers).

- OS