Heads up for the 1911 fans...

Steelharp

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no personal experience with one, but the talk I hear from people who've bought them, and from several shops, is that they are as good as any comparable priced 1911. Both in quality and accuracy. I've heard no negative feedback on them from the 2 local shops I frequent.

They would seem to be a slightly more expensive alternative than the Phillipine 1911s as an entry into the 1911 market.

I'm wondering how reliable and accurate the Remington one.

589 is a nice deal....its an all MADE IN USA 1911........While I would never buy a Philipino or Canadian 1911

this R1 is way nicer in person than in pics,I reccomend to anyone looking for a nice govt style 45

I got a Talo version with rosewood grips

RemR1.jpg

Edited by SonnyCrockett

That's what I was hoping to hear. I haven't gotten to hold one yet or shoot one, but I want to. I'm glad to see them coming out with one personally. How do you like yours SonnyCrokett? By the way I like the way yours looks.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

The only thing that concerns me about this gun is that for some reason Remington changed the impact surface where the barrel hits during link down. I think they upped the chances of shearing the lower lugs off the barrel considerably. It will be interesting to see what happens once these guns get over 5k down the pipe.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I haven't gotten to hold one yet or shoot one, but I want to. I'm glad to see them coming out with one personally. How do you like yours SonnyCrokett? By the way I like the way yours looks.

I LIKE IT ALOT.....GET U SUM CHERRY PIE !!!

Edited by SonnyCrockett