Sign at Little General in Milan

6ce448ef-052f-223b.jpgMy wife saw this sign at Little General in Milan the other day and took a pic to ask me and forewarn me. Being a fat guy I OWB carry all the time(work excluded) with an untucked shirt, I am wondering if someone can see the bottom of my holster under shirt is it considered OC. Never have understood why if the state doesn't differentiate how can a business.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

That is what I was thinking. The gun buster makes it illegal to carry. That is what I thought. Just wanted to verify. I will let Bob Cox know next time I see him.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

That is what I was thinking. The gun buster makes it illegal to carry. That is what I thought. Just wanted to verify. I will let Bob Cox know next time I see him.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

There's really nothing in the statutes to allow one method of carry yet bar another. It's all or none.

He could put up the words without the graphic, but it would be enforced only by others' sense of courtesy. Of course, he can always tell anyone to leave after the fact of entering with threat of trespassing if they don't.

- OS

There's really nothing in the statutes to allow one method of carry yet bar another. It's all or none.

He could put up the words without the graphic, but it would be enforced only by others' sense of courtesy. Of course, he can always tell anyone to leave after the fact of entering with threat of trespassing if they don't.

- OS

Yep, I'd say it's up to owner/manager discretion whether or not to tell you to GTFO because your muzzle is showing. I'd just do my business elsewhere. I'm a big ole fat person and almost always carry IWB.

I've seen that sign I've only been inside once and that was just to get change for the air pump. I wasn't OCing so didn't worry about it.

But I agree the "Gun Buster" symbol legally prohibits all carry, but it wouldn't appear the owner has a problem with CC or he would just post against carry period"

There are a couple of cases of people being charged with 39-17-1359 at the Memphis Airport, but they were caught at the security checkpoint and this was on top of another charge. But I've not heard of any where a HCP were just standing in line etc...and was busted and arrested.

Although 39-17-1359 doesn't mention it the AG has said an owner can regulate the manner of carry on their property. If they don't comply with the owner's wishes and are asked to leave, they can be charged with trespassing if they don't.

Ok....I just zoomed in a bit closer on the pic.

The bottom part says, "Violators will be prosecuted under T.C.A. 39-14-405"

That is the criminal trespass law. So to me it seems he is trying to give the notice on the manner of carry, per the AG's opinion, without having to verbally notify each individual.

I would not be surprised if the wording of this wasn't given to him by some lawyer after he said..."I don't want to prevent everyone from carrying, I just don't want them to open carry."

So if you don't like to do business with a place that post period....then avoid this place. However if you find yourself there, I don't see how CC would be a problem.

can anyone cite an incidence of a HCP'r getting popped for carrying past a gun buster sign or legal posting to not carry?

The pic in the OP is humorous.

Only case I've seen involved the Memphis airport and somebody carrying there, violation of 39-17-1359 was included in the long list of charges. Not sure what ended up happening, but that is the only time I've ever seen 1359 included as a charge.

Guest 6.8 AR

It is, after all, a Little General. Confusion fried in lard, packaged in wrap and sold as fried chicken at

twice the price of KFC.

Only case I've seen involved the Memphis airport and somebody carrying there, violation of 39-17-1359 was included in the long list of charges. Not sure what ended up happening, but that is the only time I've ever seen 1359 included as a charge.

Last time I checked one case it has been reset to later this month or May

Last time I checked one case it has been reset to later this month or May

And I believe these airport cases were involving out of state folks?

Meaning, if they are convicted we still won't have any clarification about their losing their carry permits also under 39-17-1352.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TennTitan

JT, I noticed this sign a couple months ago and quit doing business there. The BP just across the railroad tracks has the same sign as well.

I, along with Butch Butler worked the compromise with Mark McBride in 2009, the Owner of the Little General chain. It is his intent to allow concealed carry in his establishments, and at the time the signage was legal to allow as he posted. My understanding is that he still allows concealed carry, and as the proprietor, he can decide what he allows regardless of what the change in signage laws state.