Do you send in warranty card on new guns?

Guest jkintn

Guest jkintn

I've seen people ask if cards have been mailed when people are selling like-new guns. Do you send yours in? Is it required for warranty service if needed in future?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never sent one in, but never had a gun that I had to send back. I've had to get parts for a Ruger and a Kel-Tec, but I did the work myself. I just called the companies and tole them what I had, and everytime, they just sent me what I needed without any hassle.

I can't remember ever sending one in on a firearm that I'd purchased and have only done so on some optical equipment. As for warrenty repair it's never mattered, RCBS and Dillon were a no question's asked kind of company and took care of the problem. Keltec, Ruger, Colt and Smith and Wesson have all done the same as well. As far as I'm concerned keeping your bill of sale for a new firearm or anything else is all the proof of ownership needed with any company. Used firearms, reloading equipment and optic's will generally always be covered to some degree or another if you weren't active stupid or an ass with the customer service rep.

Guest Lester Weevils

I've sent in a few but am more lazy than paranoid about sending them in. I think most reputable gun companies would deliver warranty service on a bill of sale even without the warranty card, but could be mistaken.

Perhaps the strongest argument for sending warranty cards would be in the case of a defective product recall? Ferinstance if a certain range of serial numbers is discovered to have defective slides that crack in half and hit you in the noggin, then it would be good to know about that! :)

Guest motonut

I've registered via a mfgr's on-line registration for one or two but the vast majority haven't been registered.

I never answer those "what color socks do you wear?" questions though.

I register things I buy online if possible or send in the card. Sometimes my receipt gets lost, reg. comes

in handy, just in case. The Feds can find out what you have if they really want. Not paranoid, just fact.

you may have noticed they change the rules & their interpretation of the constitution as they see fit.

I keep all the reg papers unfilled in the box. I figure I can always fill them out if I have an issue and I like the fact that most of my guns are "complete". For me it's a hold out from guitar collecting. Some of you may be surprised at the price difference between a 67 melody maker, and a 67 melody maker complete with original reciept and hang tag.