Everybody tells me how important it is to vote....

I listened to Gingrich on Hannity last night and he stated he was in it until Romney had enough delegates to secure nomination. He doesn't believe that will happen, so he's planning on going to Tampa. A bad Republican is better than a good Democrap any day.

At this point, Newt would probably be hurting the party. Let's see how that goes for him.

Yep. I would even send him a check, if I thought ne needed it :pleased: . One upside. He has enough money to beat Obama.

Unfortunately money will not be the deciding factor this time. Obama has the fawning media water-carriers in his back pocket...for FREE. The attacks on Romney should begin in about 5 minutes...and they will be non-stop for 7 months. Write down on a piece of paper to remind yourself who you are voting for and why (to get rid of Obama), because after 7 months of non-stop hammering from Obama's media army, Romney is going to look like Satan himself and you may just forget how you once at least tolerated him all the way back in April of 2012. It's going to get VERY nasty, and Obama has a large and experienced nasty army at his disposal.

Unfortunately money will not be the deciding factor this time. Obama has the fawning media water-carriers in his back pocket...for FREE. The attacks on Romney should begin in about 5 minutes...and they will be non-stop for 7 months. Write down on a piece of paper to remind yourself who you are voting for and why (to get rid of Obama), because after 7 months of non-stop hammering from Obama's media army, Romney is going to look like Satan himself and you may just forget how you once at least tolerated him all the way back in April of 2012. It's going to get VERY nasty, and Obama has a large and experienced nasty army at his disposal.

You may be underestimating Mitt. Obama had it easy last time. This time, not so much. There are plenty of nasty folks on both sides. Don't get any nastier than Rove.

Guest 6.8 AR

Romney may be a Yankee version of a liberal, but he hasn't joined in in singing kumbaya or joined

the Communist Party, lately. DaddyO, why don't you write a list of the things Obama has done on one

column and then sum up on the other column everything that every other Republican since Lincoln

has done in all their collective terms. I'll bet you Obama's list is longer and more hideous. Count all

the dollars spent for absolutely nothing good( the QE1,2, no budget for three years, etc) and add the

deficit up, then compare it to Bush's deficit spending.

If you can't see a stark contrast, you're blind. And, if you haven't got it by now, why are we trying to help

you change your mind? Because it's that damned important. I guess you don't see that.

Romney may be a Yankee version of a liberal, but he hasn't joined in in singing kumbaya or joined

the Communist Party, lately. DaddyO, why don't you write a list of the things Obama has done on one

column and then sum up on the other column everything that every other Republican since Lincoln

has done in all their collective terms. I'll bet you Obama's list is longer and more hideous. Count all

the dollars spent for absolutely nothing good( the QE1,2, no budget for three years, etc) and add the

deficit up, then compare it to Bush's deficit spending.

If you can't see a stark contrast, you're blind. And, if you haven't got it by now, why are we trying to help

you change your mind? Because it's that damned important. I guess you don't see that.

Hang on... I got this. At the beginning of Obama's next term, he is going to ban all handgun calibers that are more powerful the the .380 ACP :rofl:

Guest 6.8 AR

Actually, he could ban guns by EO. It would be a joke and unenforceable. I would love to see the smug

fool do it. You know exactly what would happen. Nothing unless he tried to enforce it. Then he could

have a war on his hands. I don't know where the pushback will be at, but that could very well be it.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Because I think that is a group that historically has low voter turnout. If you just take the number of welfare

recipients, which some say is currently close to 50%, while saying that the number of taxpayers is less, or

whatever, take that percentage and add that to the number of liberals and moderates voting for him, he

wins in a landslide. How many eligible voters actually voted in the last several elections? Voter turnout has

been on the decline for a long time. How much did he win by, last time?

According to most polling data, Obama is hovering around a 50% approval rate. I think it is just too simplistic

to say he has all the welfare vote, although he probably has most of that group that does vote.

Most liberals are not dirt poor. They vote in lockstep more so than Republicans and show up in higher

percentages. They do whatever it takes to win elections, including winning a huge percentage of so-called

"moderates" to win. If Obama could get all the welfare vote for him, there would be no contest. That might

happen.

If "moderates" would get off their collective asses and think about the way the country is headed, and all

Republicans would actually vote, instead of being stupid and sitting it out for whatever kind of reason, we

could actually win this election. Yes, I said stupid, because if that's all you care about is how much you

dislike one candidate as opposed to another and yours doesn't win, and you don't vote, you've just helped

to sink this country.

That's a blanket statement and not directed to you greg. This election may be it.

Papers please! Your papers, please!

I asked for your opinion, and I appreciate your sharing it.

Romney is just 1/3 of the equation people. I think Romney will be a good president but what is required is a solid majority of conservative in the house and senate that actually has a backbone. Bush would have turned out a lot better perception wise had we elected better representation in congress. Since the republicans allowed the war to become political and allowed spending to get out of control the GOP opened the door for the liberals to come in and control the narrative. I am so sick and tired of republicans choosing politics over principle and in every case they lose.

So a Romney presidency does not scare me. anything less than a strong conservative congress is what scares me. With people like alexander and corker representing us does not give me the warm and fuzzies. Having trash balls like cohen in congress also makes things worse. We have to start putting principled people in congress like we did in the last election. picking up the senate and keeping the house with conservatives will be a huge win, even if romney is president. But the agenda has to be purely economic driven. We have to keep the social agenda on the back burner and focus purely on the economic

Guest ThePunisher

Anybody that can't see the difference between Obama and Romney are really truly blind or just voted for Obama the last, and can't wait to pull the lever for Obummer this time.

I hate to tell you this, but there really is NO difference.

Most certainly there is. Elections DO have consequences.

Without 3+ terms of FDR, America would be a remarkably different place. Or with LBJ's Great Society ...

Etc etc etc.

Whether the times make the man or the man makes the times, elections DO have consequences, some very long lasting indeed. Like the Supreme Court after an Obama second term.

- OS

Guest ThePunisher

It's kinda sad that we can't unify behind Romney, and have one objective only, and that is to make Obummer a one term president instead of a two term dictator.

Glad to. :D

I was hoping to hear your comments, though.

I didn't post this to argue. I honestly wanted everyone's opinions. Mine is that if we reward the Republican party with won elections after they foist the biggest losers they can find upon us, we really can't expect them to change their mindset. Somebody tell me that Romney or Obama is the best and the brightest we have to choose from. If so, pull the curtains; IT'S OVER!!!

I didn't post this to argue. I honestly wanted everyone's opinions. Mine is that if we reward the Republican party with won elections after they foist the biggest losers they can find upon us, we really can't expect them to change their mindset. Somebody tell me that Romney or Obama is the best and the brightest we have to choose from. If so, pull the curtains; IT'S OVER!!!
It's only over if people give up...sounds like you have.

Are you involved with a Tea-Party group or something similar? Have you contributed money or time to any candidate running for anything this year or in the past four years? Have you gone to any of the rallies in D.C or attended a town hall meeting with a legislator? What have you done to show those in office that you are tired of the direction of the country or to encourage better candidates to run?

I tell you this, we are lucky we have ANYONE of any decent character running for office today and I to be blunt, I've had about a belly full of all the people who complain about their choices but don't do s**t about it other than complain. If people want better candidates then maybe THEY should get out there and run for office or knock on a few doors and give money to candidates they like but throwing a pity-party isn't going to help and sitting out this election like some are claiming they will is damn stupid....if Obama gets another term we'll be lucky if we have elections again.

Rant off...sorry if I offended anyone (although not too sorry).

• Like 1

...Somebody tell me that Romney or Obama is the best and the brightest we have to choose from. If so, pull the curtains; IT'S OVER!!!

The American election process has NEVER necessarily found the "best and brightest", at least not after the first few.

America will not elect a president more conservative than Romney for a long long time, perhaps ever again, until there is a real breakdown of society including a significant die off of the citizenry.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1

Well... Romney got to the top of the pile buy getting the votes from regular folks. You can't vote on what doesn't show up. He's not my favorite either, but we don't get to pick, we only get to vote. Where is Reagan? He's dead. May never be another one.

It's only over if people give up...sounds like you have.

Are you involved with a Tea-Party group or something similar? Have you contributed money or time to any candidate running for anything this year or in the past four years? Have you gone to any of the rallies in D.C or attended a town hall meeting with a legislator? What have you done to show those in office that you are tired of the direction of the country or to encourage better candidates to run?

I tell you this, we are lucky we have ANYONE of any decent character running for office today and I to be blunt, I've had about a belly full of all the people who complain about their choices but don't do s**t about it other than complain. If people want better candidates then maybe THEY should get out there and run for office or knock on a few doors and give money to candidates they like but throwing a pity-party isn't going to help and sitting out this election like some are claiming they will is damn stupid....if Obama gets another term we'll be lucky if we have elections again.

Rant off...sorry if I offended anyone (although not too sorry).

You certainly didn't offend me. This is what I was looking for. You are correct. I gave to the Bush campaign, and after seeing how that turned out. I've pretty much soured on the entire political process. I truly appreciate and respect your opinion.

I hate to say it out loud, but I've just about resigned to the fact that this country is screwed. I sure dread the prospects of my childrens' futures. I guess I'm going to have to do some soul searching on this one. I feel the need and desire to do something about it, but I really don't know what to do.

When something breaks, I'm accustomed to repairing it, or at least taking it to someone who will repair it for me. I just don't know where to take my country for repair. I certainly don't know how to repair it myself.

• Like 1

Well... Romney got to the top of the pile buy getting the votes from regular folks. You can't vote on what doesn't show up. He's not my favorite either, but we don't get to pick, we only get to vote. Where is Reagan? He's dead. May never be another one.

Hell, Mike I lived through all of Ronny's runs for president and so did you...even those who strongly supported him had no idea how good a man he was or how good of a president he would be and he wasn't perfect either...if he were running today we'd probably be hearing the same kind of complaints we've been hearing.

Years after he left office I read many of his writings (radio addresses, etc.) and only then did I realize that Ronald Reagan had an intellect, a depth of knowledge and a love of this country that few recognized then or now.