CZ 75 P-01

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

Wow! I love the CZ P-01 9mm pistol. I love my CZ 52 and the day after I shot it the 1st time and decided I'd get a newer CZ in 9mm for possible carry Bkelm18 (who hosts a great transaction and is a great guy to deal with) posts a CZ P-01 for sale. It's mine!

I couldn't resist, don't get me wrong the Glock is Ok, the S&W Sigma is Ok, but I'll be honest I'm not wild about the poly frames. They kind of feel to me like I am shooting a real 9mm bullet out of a souped up cap gun. Love them if you want. That's fine. I like them a lot, I do but, ehhh they are the rage and about all that's out there in the $500 and under range.

My Springfield .45 1911 is super great until I realize how much the darn ammo is. I love the steel feel. It feels like a real gun.

The little CZ is a compact frame kind of like the Glock, but It's made of aircraft aluminum top and bottom and feels great,a tad heavier, more like a real gun (not that the poly frames aren't they are a real gun, just don't "feel" it to me). It is so great. Doesn't have the pop bounce like the poly frames either, more of a rolling recoil and the trigger feels pretty light (not so consistent though. cycles through slightly different tensions it seems) holds 14 in the mag and it's a darn good shooter, I'd rather have 14 in it than 15 in the Glock. As for fit in my hand the CZ P-01 just does, it feels very natural.

The P-01 is suppose to be NATO certified and gone through all kinds of torture tests for serviceable uses by military and Leo's.

If you care to read about it http://www.cz-usa.com/media_releases.php?m=4&msgid=37

The only real issue I have the the CZ P-01 is the saftey seems to be the rather light trigger. It has a decocker and firing pin safety but even at that it seems to be a pretty light trigger. If anyone can shed some light on that I'd appriciate it.

Here are a few pictures of it as well as a recent 14 round target shoot from 7 yards, it's not great but I think it was pretty good, still room for improvement but free handed no rest, I'm not ashamed.

czp01a.jpg

czp01b.jpg

czp01c.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Glad you like it. It's a great little pistol. The only real problem I had with it as well was the trigger. I think it should smooth out after it breaks in. As far as it being too light, I never really thought it was any lighter than anything else I shot. Then again, I never really shot it much.

I am happy to see someone else love their CZ as much as I do mine. I absolutely understand what you are saying about it feeling "like a real gun" because it does have that affect with me also. I really like my Glock 26 and my little Kel-tec P3AT but if it came down to having to keep only one then my CZ will not be going anywhere.

Mine is a compact also but is the 75D PCR which is a lot like yours, the weight, size etc is all the same but the difference is in the rail and sights from what I can tell. Mine also has the 14 round mags and the decocker. Here is a picture of mine. Someday it will have a cool set of grips on it. I also want to get the stainless steel guide rod and grip screws to set it off with style.

gunsdobes1-1.jpg

gunsdobes2.jpg

Guest mikedwood
Glad you like it. It's a great little pistol. The only real problem I had with it as well was the trigger. I think it should smooth out after it breaks in. As far as it being too light, I never really thought it was any lighter than anything else I shot. Then again, I never really shot it much.

Thanks for it, I love it.

I don't think the trigger will smooth out though. I guess I'll either have to get use to it or there is a trigger job some people suggest that is suppose to make it work like a dream. While I am scared to death to do a trigger job on a carry gun. I might give it a whirl and if it works better I'll be thrilled, or I may not.

I didn't really mean the trigger was to light per se, my 1911's trigger is much ligher but it has 2 other safetys, the Glock trigger is the safety but it takes a bit more pull and the S&W Sigma has a looooonnnnngggg trigger pull. I ment the trigger is light for it being the safety, even decocked. Maybe I just need to get use to it to feel comfortable. It was made to be a carry gun so the problem is in my head.

You should have shot it more it's awesome.

Gun&Dobes I'm with you if I could have only 1 the CZ would be it. Yours looks so similar to mine, looks like the rail is the main difference, but I don't think I'll put a tactical light on it, could I get a holster for that?

Gun&Dobes I'm with you if I could have only 1 the CZ would be it. Yours looks so similar to mine, looks like the rail is the main difference, but I don't think I'll put a tactical light on it, could I get a holster for that?

Mike from searching I found that a holster for a Sig 239 will work with my PCR and that is what I tried at CCA when I was up there and it seemed to fit nicely. I didn't get it because it was a IWB for $105 and I'm just not ready to do that LOL, I will look around first.

So when you look try for the Sig 239, it will probably work.

Guest tbreed725

by far one of the best looking guns made right now and i love the pcr wish i still had mine ;) but i did trade for a nice used po1 yesterday that i absolutly love.best feeling gun ive owned hands down for me.IMG_0031-1.jpg