Mitt Romney and the 2nd Amendment

Guest profgunner

Guest 6.8 AR

That's one issue he's flipped on with consistency. I doubt he would be a threat to gun owners, though.

He will have to answer to congressional Republicans on that, and I doubt he will have any reason to

throw any gun laws at us anyway.

It sure does hurt his credibility just like Obamacare could.

Guest profgunner

I doubt he would be a threat to gun owners, though.

If he is elected president and Democrats regain control of the house, I am convinced he would support anti-gun legislation. The guy is every bit as liberal as Obama and Ted Kennedy. I don't trust him one bit, bro. And I sure as hell wouldn't go hunting with a guy who can't tell a moose from an elk!

Edited by profgunner

Romney is simply the white Obama. I'll take him over Obama, but I think we've still got a chance for better choices than him. Come to think of it...if Zimmerman is a white-hispanic, then Obama is a white-black Obama.

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

I think the Republicans will regain the senate and will hold the house, but I agree with you, based on your

premise, profgunner. He could make a pretzel jealous the way he curls around an issue. I used to think it

was just MA where he was liberal(because he had to be), I was wrong.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 10 senate seats and maybe a handful of wins in the house. I don't

see the Dems doing anything in Congress for a while. Obama doesn't really care about his party, just

himself.

If he is elected president and Democrats regain control of the house, I am convinced he would support anti-gun legislation. The guy is every bit as liberal as Obama and Ted Kennedy. I don't trust him one bit, bro. And I sure as hell wouldn't go hunting with a guy who can't tell a moose from an elk!

Might as well say, "when he's elected".

It's getting awful late in the game and Santorum is hated as much as Palin is with a religious tone that many can't tolerate.

It's suck-it-up again folks and lets just hope enough people vote for the nominee to get this idiot out of office.

Whatever Romoney can dish out surely won't be as bad as BHO.

Guest profgunner

I sure do miss president Reagan and Bush 42. Those guys were giants compared to what we are stuck with in this election cycle. Mitt Romney couldn't carry either of their jock straps.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yep. I'm with you there. Reagan usually had the media under control by bypassing them. He knew how

to get his message out to the public. Bush 42 would have been a two-termer if it wasn't for that little Texas

billionaire.

Guest profgunner

It's suck-it-up again folks and lets just hope enough people vote for the nominee to get this idiot out of office.

Can't bring myself to pull the lever for such a gutless flip-flopping p*ssy. I'll just find something else to do come election day 2012.

Guest 6.8 AR

As much as I don't care for Romney, OS was probably right about him. He may turn out to be a good president.

If he has a Republican house and senate, the only thing left will be foreign policy for him to really screw up.

Now, if he goes against his own, on too many issues, he would be weakened. He better get good advisors, and

not the ones McCain had.

Guest 6.8 AR

Can't bring myself to pull the lever for such a gutless flip-flopping p*ssy. I'll just find something else to do come election day 2012.

I understand, but Obama has to go.

Guest profgunner

Well, I would support George Christie for president over both Obama and Romney. I don't agree with everything George is pushing (I actually know him from a former life), but I guarantee you he will take no sh*t from the anti-gun nutbags.

Guest profgunner

Which one? The Hells Angel or the law professor? Got my head spinning. :D

Good old George C. HAMC. Edited by profgunner

I understand, but Obama has to go.

+1,

Absolutely he must go and only Mitt supporters are going to be happy about it. Some just don't see the seriousness of the situation but I admire their convictions with their politicians.

I'm trying to remain optimistic but thinking it may be a quagmire if it comes to a brokered convention. May be best to settle once again and take small steps in the years to come to really change the outlook.

As far as the 2nd Amendment, BHO I think will be pursuing some type of gun control in his possible 2nd term, there has been too many incidents not to take advantage of the crisis while he's dictating.

Im voting for Obama over Romney. I dont see why the taxpayers should have to pay all those moving expenses if nothings going to change.

And this is why Oblamo will get a second term.

• Like 1

Well, I would support George Christie for president over both Obama and Romney. I don't agree with everything George is pushing (I actually know him from a former life), but I guarantee you he will take no sh*t from the anti-gun nutbags.

Would that be 'Chris' Christie? Regardless, no point supporting anyone who ain't running. They probably wouldn't win.

BHO must go. Remember in November!

As much as I don't care for Romney, OS was probably right about him. He may turn out to be a good president.

Romney will try to run the place like a biz. He's not an ideologue, has no overwhelming agenda of just "how' things should be in some sort of utopian destruct and rebuild -- he'll be pragmatic enough to try to make things work.

He cares about America and its traditional greatness, and certainly does not want to change 236 years of our history into some theoretical new construct that simply steals income tax money from the (barely) 50% paying it to the other half that don't while those with an in make extra money from that same pool.

Also, though all presidents must be ego maniacal to a certain degree, he'll look like a humble sequestered monk compared to Obama and his over-exalted sense that history will show him to be The Visionary Savior Propelling Us Into The New World EveryDamnThing.

Gun rights won't even be on his radar one way or the other; if anything arises, he'll just accede to a (hopefully) GOP majority in both chambers.

Perhaps most importantly, his choices for the Supremes will absolutely not change us into a further Amerika over the next 50 years as would Obama's.

Romney's main criticism as a "flip flopper" may actually prove to be quite a strength in this crazy world of fast changing priorities -- he won't pursue failing options, but will change to meet realistic changing circumstances, just like a successful CEO. Much like the now Conservative God Ronald Reagan -- let us not forget he was quite the liberal Democrat into the mid 50's.

Also, Mitt doesn't care if he makes another single buck the rest of his life, and will demur from trying to write his own history books as he goes along.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest adurbin

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that Al Gore has ANY credibility on the environment and still uses fossil fuels is talking out both sides of his mouth.

Yep, it's off topic, but I raise great issue taking energy conservation and environmental advise or "warnings" from anyone who has to power a mansion and flys from environmental expo to expo in a jet...pot, meet kettle.