Smallest Bersa Pistols in 40cal?

Guest mellowglock

Guest mellowglock

Hi folks,

I've been looking for a small, super compact .40 and think I may have found one in Bersa's 40 cal line up. I'm looking for the smallest they carry and have been to their site and searched elsewhere and can't figure out which one is the smallest they make in that caliber.

Anybody familiar with Bersa know which model I should look for? Also looking for reviews and info as to the size of the pistol. Can it be pocket carried, or on an ankle holster?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the smallest 9mms they have (which probably share the frame with the .40s) are on the edge of pocket carry. You can get them in the pocket, but it can be tight depending on your clothes. So, call them "borderline" pocket guns yet still pretty darn small.

I think you want the "thunder pro ultra compact" which is 6.5 X 4.75 and, as I said, borderline for a pocket.

You may also look at the "mini-firestorm". Its the exact same size as above and maybe the same thing (????).

I like the bersa guns a lot, but let me recommend you at least glance at a cz rami if you have not.

The taurus pt140 is very small and is billed as a DA/SA gun but it has an internal hammer. It is 6.1 X 5.1

Unless you want a DAO gun, thats about it on the lil 40s. Beretta px4 is small too but it is so fat its very hard to conceal and not easily pocketed.

Springfield emp is in the neighborhood and SAO 1911ish if you like that sort of thing.

Edited by Jonnin
Guest mellowglock

Ah, excellent! I appreciate the feedback on that. Luckily I'm a big guy with big pockets, so if the gun is smaller than a full sized XD-45, I'm pretty sure it'll fit. The Bersa's fit my price range for a back up gun, ammo type, safety-type (big fan of external safeties). Probably going to check reviews on the UC and see if I can find one.

Plus, some of them look like PPKs, which I find retro-sexy.

Edited by mellowglock
Guest mellowglock

Anybody how big the 380 Thunder is compared to the 40 UC one? Is it ankle holster sized? Am thinking about getting my wife one.