Had a wreck today while carrying.

Guest thejoshdavis

Guest thejoshdavis

Just throwing this out there. Sadly I had a wreck on the way in to work today. Carrying IWB concealed. LEO shows up for police reports and etc. I showed him my paperwork as well as HCP and DL and let him know I was carrying. He was cool and jokingly said you keep yours in your holster and I'll do that same. It wasnt a big deal at all. We joked for a bit about guns and stuff.

My car however, totally jacked.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matt Pavo

I got rear-ended twice in 2011, both times I was carrying and both times I informed the officer. The LEO in Lebanon just brushed the fact off and seemed a little confused that I gave him my DL and HCP. The Cookeville LEO disarmed me during the stop (may have been because it was 11:00 p.m.) but was still fairly nice. He released the magazine, handed it to me and said "there's that" then proceeded to clear the chamber (though I didn't have a round in there anyways). I was carrying a Glock 27 so he just stuck it in his pocket until he was done with his paperwork. As a heads up, I would recommend avoiding any driving in Cookeville as I honestly do believe the city has some of the worst drivers in the nation.

Sorry to hear about the wreck.

As a heads up, I would recommend avoiding any driving in Cookeville as I honestly do believe the city has some of the worst drivers in the nation.

You should try driving in Memphis sometime...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Glad you didn't get hurt. I've wondered myself how the situation would be handled if I had an auto accident and was rendered unconscious and awakened in the E.R. with one of those drapes on that doesn't even cover your butt. I suppose worrying where your gun is would be the least of your present concerns?

Guest thejoshdavis

I got rear-ended twice in 2011, both times I was carrying and both times I informed the officer. The LEO in Lebanon just brushed the fact off and seemed a little confused that I gave him my DL and HCP. The Cookeville LEO disarmed me during the stop (may have been because it was 11:00 p.m.) but was still fairly nice. He released the magazine, handed it to me and said "there's that" then proceeded to clear the chamber (though I didn't have a round in there anyways). I was carrying a Glock 27 so he just stuck it in his pocket until he was done with his paperwork. As a heads up, I would recommend avoiding any driving in Cookeville as I honestly do believe the city has some of the worst drivers in the nation.

Rush hour from Rutherford Co to Nashville....its crazy. If you can survive that like I have for almost 10 years I think you are a professional driver. lol

I got run over on my first bike while I was carrying off body. Told the EMT's and they secured it for me till the cops got there and the cop simply asked if I wanted to carry it with me to the hospital (in the ambulance) or if I wanted him to take it to the station for me. He suggested I take it with me and I concurred. ;) Thought it was pretty easy and nice of the officer.

Edited by Smith
Guest Bassman17SC

Really? Memphis and Cookeville have worse drivers than here in Nashville? I dunno about that one. I see idiocy/lunacy every day in my commute.

To the OP: sorry about your accident. Does "totally jacked" = "totaled?"

Edited by Bassman17SC
Guest thejoshdavis

Really? Memphis and Cookeville have worse drivers than here in Nashville? I dunno about that one. I see idiocy/lunacy every day in my commute.

To the OP: sorry about your accident. Does "totally jacked" = "totaled?"

Not sure just yet. I bought this car 1 month and 3 days ago. Its a 2012 Altima. The radiator is cracked and may have pushed the engine back a few inches. I'm still waiting on the adjustor.

Guest infinity40

Bad deal on the wreck! Glad you weren't hurt. Good deal on the officer! I was looking on Youtube last night and I got stuck on watching officers who were videotaped being less than professional. All this bad press is unfortunate. It paints good LEOs with the same broad brush.

We need to video tape these good guys and post them on Youtube to show that all officers are not incompetent d$&( heads.

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread... just thinking out loud.