Latest fishing trip

I went fishing on 3-22-12. Got on the water at about 7am and had the 4 Bass by 7:30. The smallest one weighed 3-1/4 pounds and the largest is 5 pounds.Dave001.jpg

It started raining at about 8:00am, we switched tactics and my Son and my self caught a 15 fish limit each of good quality White Bass. A couple yellow Bass made it in the livewell also. By 8:45 we had a limit, was soaked in the downpour...time to call it a day. It actually took longer to clean them all than it did to catch them! What a day!

Dave002-1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super! Nice catch!

Me and a buddy are going out Sunday, but we haven't decided yet whether to canoe the Clinch after trout or hit Melton Hill Reservoir (lower down on the Clinch) in the rowboat and try for some crappie and bass.

I love Trout, but the Bass and Crappie are really hard to beat!

I love Trout, but the Bass and Crappie are really hard to beat!

Yep, tough call for me because I love bass and crappie fishing, too. On the other hand, in 20 minutes I can have the canoe on the tailwaters of Norris Reservoir (on the Clinch) with crystal clear 42 - 45 degree water and fishing the area where the state record brown was caught. (And if you're lucky, you can even pick up a smallmouth or two on occasion.)

Edited by Timestepper

I'd love to get a chance to trout fish something like that. Sounds awesome!

I'd be happy to take you some weekend - I'm only about 3 - 3 1/2 hours away. If you're up for it, we could do either a 5, 10 or 15 mile float. Usually spend anywhere from 3 to 6 hours actually on the river with a stop for lunch.

Got some good pics from different float trips I've done... maybe I'll start a thread and post some of 'em if anyone's interested? :shrug:

Nice catch! How has the crappie bite been?

I fish Old Hickory and it has been ok. Catching a lot of fish just under 10", with a few keepers here and there.

We've caught a few Crappie, and some other fishermen we talked to have been catching a lot of small fish. Trees and brush in about 6 foot of water seems to be holding them. As soon as the corps of engineers brings the water back up...they'll hit the buck bushes with a frenzy!

Edited by wd-40