Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact trouble!

Kylev87

Ok so my wife bought me a Beretta PX4 Storm for my wedding present which is freaking awesome but I go to the range to shoot it for the first time and at 20-25ft it's shooting 6 to 8 inches low!!!!! Ya I may not be the most accurate person but that close, I'm not that bad lol.

Suggestions?

Should I call Beretta?

Don't know if it's normal or not but both the front and rear sight have a little space between the bottom of the sight and the top of the slide.

Oh and the sights are only windage adjustable ofcourse.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would shoot it some more. Run a couple hundred rounds through it. . .break it in a little bit.

also, gives you more time to learn the trigger, get comfortable with it.

make sure it is cleaned and well -lubed for this initial break in.

after 200~300 rounds, if still same result, then send it back.

that sounds odd. Get someone who can hit what they aim at to give it a try, see if it does the same thing for a few experienced shooters. Try a couple of brands of ammo. If 2-3 people have the same problem with 2-3 brands of ammmo, I would say it is time to call them.

When I first got my PX4sc I was shooting low left. The front sight was not centered and I had that corrected. Being a new gun I did become more comfortable with and it also still shot low, it wasn't 6"-8" but over time and several more rounds I found that putting the sight "on" the target rather on-top of the sight I was able to increase the point of aim. Consistency came with time and using the same brand of ammo.

I would run some more carefully aimed rounds through it and if still not satisfied I would have a gunsmith look at it.

Pics for reference;

aa5f92ef.jpg

936043d4.jpg

I also just got a new Storm Subcompact in 9mm. I took it to the range and I was hitting real low too. I put 150 thru it, and it seemed to get a bit better. I put another 150 thru it yesterday and now it seems to be hitting about right. I also found that you place the sites on target rather than below. This also explains why I started out shooting better with a point method than aiming.

Ok I only got to put 50 or so rounds through it that day so I'll get it out and shoot it more.

kieefer yes mine has a little space under the sights just like that.

Volzfan thanks for the picture!

Everyone thanks for your input I'll let ya know next time I get to shoot. I'll put a couple hundred through it.

Guest Brianf88

I have the same gun and I was shooting bad with and my fiance who was not trying shot better. The sights are combat sights that is why there is space you need to put the front sight a little higher not so much as to see the slide in your sight picture. Also the gun is tight I put 500 rounds through it before I was worried and now everything is great especially since I raised the front sight some ( I mean aiming the front of the gun alittle higher so the sights are not perfectly lined up).

Guest Brianf88

Also I forgot to ask when you are shooting low is it only on the DAO shot? As some may jerk the trigger if this is the case then dry fire a bunch.

Thanks Brian... I was only shooting SA.

It just hurts me to think I gotta burn 400 rounds for the gun to shoot straight.

I am not aware of ANY gun that radically changes point of impact due to break in. The action smooths up which helps the shooter a little. The feed ramp smooths up and reduces jams. The slide and all beat off any burrs and polish up. The finish rubs off the internal parts and polishes up smooth. It operates better and won't jam anymore (if it ever did), in other words.

I would not expect any gun to go from 6 inchs off to dead on because it was broken in. If it were going to do that, I think whatever was wrong (and this should never happen, it could be dangerous) would be shot out and cleared up in the first 25 shots. Now, if you change how you look at the sights, that will have an effect of course.

I am not aware of ANY gun that radically changes point of impact due to break in. The action smooths up which helps the shooter a little. The feed ramp smooths up and reduces jams. The slide and all beat off any burrs and polish up. The finish rubs off the internal parts and polishes up smooth. It operates better and won't jam anymore (if it ever did), in other words.

I would not expect any gun to go from 6 inchs off to dead on because it was broken in. If it were going to do that, I think whatever was wrong (and this should never happen, it could be dangerous) would be shot out and cleared up in the first 25 shots. Now, if you change how you look at the sights, that will have an effect of course.

This^^^^

if the gun is not shooting accurate no amount of ammo down the pipe will change that. However if the problem is the "nut behind the grip", then that could change with more range time.

I just bought a PX4sc from Jonnin and found that I was shooting low too, both DA and SA, but this was due to my preconceived notion of where the sight picture should be, from shooting other had guns. I found that it had a dead point of aim/point of impact, so even at 25 feet you need to cover the target with the front sight.

The only way to truly check the accuracy of the gun is to shoot it from a rest. If all else fails, Id try that.