Glock 19 or M&P 9c

Guest etnsr9c

Guest etnsr9c

Come on guys help me pick, I can buy either one next week, and I am going to modify the grip on which ever one I buy. The glock has to have the finger grooves removed and a little bit of the hump has to go. The M&P needs to be stippled because for me it is to slick. So tell me what you think.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jkintn

I went through the same decision a couple months ago. I am left-handed and wanted the option of reversing the mag release. I also liked the option of interchangeable backstraps so that led me to G19 Gen 4 or M&P9c. I did not like the stipling on the G19 Gen 4 grip. Being a left, I also like the ambi slide release on the M&P. I chose M&P and am happy so far. Either one is a great gun though.

Guest jkintn

jkintn thanks, my other thought is to buy a M&P fullsize 9 and do a grip chop and add a lightguard.

I don't know what a lightguard is. I also considered the G26. I didn't like the feel but one thing to consider is the M&P9c has a rail and the G26 does not. I bought a full-size (17-rd) magazine with X-Grip for my 9c. Love the feel with the full size grip (keep the 17-rd in for home defense) yet can carry with the compact 12-rd mag as well.

Come on guys help me pick, I can buy either one next week, and I am going to modify the grip on which ever one I buy. The glock has to have the finger grooves removed and a little bit of the hump has to go. The M&P needs to be stippled because for me it is to slick. So tell me what you think.

I rather like the M&P's now. I would pick one of them up over a Glock every day of the week.

I'm a longtime Glock owner/shooter and have carried one as a duty weapon for twenty or so year's now. That said while I have a great respect for them I also have no love due to grip angle, bore axis and trigger. The M&P is a bit more ergonomical and it's smooth trigger feel's better but it has it's own little glitche's as well. At this point I'm looking seriously at the Ruger SR9 because of it's bore axis and grip angle, while it has the Glock type trigger it feel's improved. In all honesty the difference between all of these pistol's is more with the individual shooter than the pistol, everyone has different physical aspect which factor into the "feel" of a gun, find what feel's best to you and go with it.

Guest etnsr9c

I have a sr9c and it is a great gun but I just want something to go with it. Also I would not buy a gun based on resale. I buy them based on reliability ang how good they feel and shoot for me. All that said I have decided to by the glock. I am going to have a grip reduction done and add a light guard to it. And I know some people say that u would not cut the grips but to each his own. I will post pics when it is done.

You can't go wrong. I have a Glock 19 Gen 4. There are some things I like about it and some things I don't but the gun is totally reliable and very accurate, which makes it good with me. I also like the M&Ps, I don't own one yet but they are also reliable and accurate. Either of these pistols will give you good service but you would have to shoot them both to determine which you like best.

Guest etnsr9c

I have shot both of them because I have had both before. I had to sale them because of money problems. So now I am rebuilding my collection as I have become stable in the money area. So in the future I plan to still buy the M&P also.

When your talking 9 and 40' s I tend to favor the Glocks. Nothing wrong with the M&Ps, some like the Glock trigger better and some like the M&P's better. The M&Pc is more between a Glock 26 and 19, which makes it a little less carriable in a pocket or ankle, but no great advantage IWB/OWB.