Sig P290 - Pics & My experience

Geno

In case it helps here are a few photo comparisons of the Tiny Sig P238 and the Sig P290.

My thoughts:

I am very happy with the pistol over all. Pros include- Very small size easy to carry. Light weight ( some may think it heavy for CCW especially since it is a polymer pistol but not me ) Which brings me to next pro and that is a very robust slide & barrel rated for all-time use of +P and +P+ ammo. Great SigLite Night Sights are standard and mine was packaged with a laser that is bright, easily adjustable, and small- I hope it will prove durable, we'll see. Chambers, fires with little recoil, and ejects like a dream with several ammo types ( some real cheap stuff as well ). Single Stack grips are very thin and I like them but some people won't. Grip surface is very aggressive. Came with a 6 round mag and an extended 8 round mag, kydex holster in box. Cost is not bad for a decent Sig, and the P290 is much more than just "decent" IMO.

Cons, as I see it.

DAO trigger could be improved ( Wish it was more like the Kahr trigger ). For a CCW pistol it works fine but for target it needs less stacking and some smoothness. My biggest complaint.

Guide rod is plastic- I just like to see them in steel- it will cost me $25 to change if I decide to.

New pistol holster availability ( will just have to wait for good choices )

See Specs here: http://www.sigsauer....stols-p290.aspx

th_SidexSide.jpg

th_CompFlushMag1.jpg

th_CompXtndMag.jpg

th_Ramp.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the 938. The 290 is basically a baby 250. I've got a 250 2Sum in 9mm. I like it, but prefer the more traditional SIG DA/SA as opposed to the 250's DAO. Nothing wrong with the DAO, it's just not my preference. I've never had anything to complain about with my 250.

Guest FatherVic

I am considering getting a Sig P250 in either 9mm or .40 Anyone have any experience with this gun? Your thoughts?

I am considering getting a Sig P250 in either 9mm or .40 Anyone have any experience with this gun? Your thoughts?

For some good info on the P250 head over to P250Sig.com.

I own one. I love it. DA trigger is smooth and light. Ergonomic as it gets and accurate - very accurate.