Where were Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when this happened?

Guest profgunner

Guest ThePunisher

Shaking down some corporation for millions. They will be stirring up hatred rhetoric from now until the election along with the Black Panthers. If Obama loses election they will incite riots and burn down the cities.

Guest peacexxl

Black on white crime is justified in the eyes of the race hustlers.

I guess people only see what they want to see. The whole issue with the Martin case was the fact that the boy was killed and no one cared and it was okay and Zimmerman wasn't even charged. In this case, these clowns have been charged, arressted and very likely will be convicted. What they did was a horrible horrible thing and they will be judged for it.

Where is the connection. Everyone wants to accuse Jackson and Sharpton of race baiting or whatever you want to call it, but what is this?

Guest 6.8 AR

peacexxl. The whole thing with the two clowns, Jackson and Sharpton, is the hypocrisy and the

cronyism of the two. They don't give a damn whether you and I get along, and as long as they

can extort a few dollars from someone, they have a job. It's in their interest that there be racial

unrest in this country.

I see only what I see. Occasionally, I may misinterpret something, but I have been seeing this

garbage go on for too long. They are hypocrites and no one's friend. They are also useful idiots

for others. And, to be fair, Farrakhan, Black Panthers(the new one that is akin to the Ladies

Home Auxiliary) and the few others join hands with the unions, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, etc.

Every one of those and more want there to be friction between black and white. Why? Power.

Who the Hell do these people think they are? Are they elected by someone? Give it a little thought

and tell me whether or not they speak for you, or them. And tell me how you have benefitted from

them. You and I might get along just fine if we ever meet. I don't presuppose like they say.

Guest peacexxl

Those two have no bearing on my life whatsoever. I would never envoke them or reach out to them if I had a problem. My point is that if people had not started making lots of noise, including getting them involved, then there would probably not have been a grand jury even looking at the Zimmerman/Martin case and the whole thing would have been ignored. I watched this case for quite a while maybe a good two weeks and checked this sight for any reference as it is obviously relevant to this sight, that's why we have a "news worthy" section. I never saw any mention of it just like there was very little mention in the national media, until the so called "race hustlers" got involved. To that point, there is clearly a need for them. Otherwise, it seems that know one cares that this young man is dead outside of his family and that is a shame because they clearly don't have the power to get anything done about it.

Unfortunately the result of these two getting involved is that some choose to us that as an easy way to get way off topic and make it about race and media and publicity and blame them for the problem when the problem is still the fact that this young man was killed and there seemed to be little or no effort to ensure due process.

When I started this thread and when I have posted within this thread, I have only asked for a fair and objective look at what happend and a chance for it to go trial and have the facts presented. It seems like way to many people are trying to infuse the situation with outside factors.

Maybe I am not as objective as I think myself to be but from the initial facts, I don't see how Zimmerman cannot be arressted and charged with something. I think its a joke that the Sanford PD are hiding behind SYG because it clearly does not apply. I think that SPD's scapegoating of the law is hurting our community and giving antis an easy target. I think the fact that Zimmerman was not tested for drugs and alcohol while Martin's corpse was, makes the SPD look really bad. I think that there is a lot that says that if the SPD did not overtly mishandle this case, they at the most, did not put much effort into handeling it well. Why not, I cannot say. Even if I have my suspicions, due to personal experience and general history, I cannot say why in this case, this 17 year old's life did not seem to be worth the additional paper work it would take to really look into what happened.

I can say that if SPD had put some real effort into investigating this case, the fall out would not have resulted. Maybe the headline would have been "Over zealous wanna be cop kills unarmed kid in cold blood, sentenced to life" maybe it would have been "Local hero stops crime spree, juvi criminal is a threat no more". I don't know because they decided that it wasn't worth the trouble.

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't know what the Sanford Police did, but it appears that they did consider it a "self defense"

situation. Whatever the protocol required for a situation, I don't know, but trying to polarize a

nation over this will do no good. You and I both know how the media and anyone with a vested

interest will distort it to their liking. It usually turns out to be an end run around justice and we

all end up worse for it.

I guess people only see what they want to see. The whole issue with the Martin case was the fact that the boy was killed and no one cared and it was okay and Zimmerman wasn't even charged. In this case, these clowns have been charged, arressted and very likely will be convicted. What they did was a horrible horrible thing and they will be judged for it.

Where is the connection. Everyone wants to accuse Jackson and Sharpton of race baiting or whatever you want to call it, but what is this?

Zimmerman should have been arrested. At least a hearing would clear his name or prove his guilt. Jackson and Sharpton take advantage of crimes to get publicity. In the Zimmerman case, there are too many questions to let it go. I still don't like Al and Jesse blowing it up, but that is what is happening.

Zimmerman should have been arrested. At least a hearing would clear his name or prove his guilt. Jackson and Sharpton take advantage of crimes to get publicity. In the Zimmerman case, there are too many questions to let it go. I still don't like Al and Jesse blowing it up, but that is what is happening.

We can assume the cops on the scene thought it was self defense or they wouldn't have let him go.

I think arresting a person in a self defense case is the wrong thing to do.

It is adding more trauma on the victim.

Guest 6.8 AR

I think the reason this site didn't have anything on it, right after it happened would be like any other site

not having much to say about it, either. The blabbermouth media and those two buffoons went after this

after because it was pushed into being a referendum on racism and a lot of lies were told, and maybe

some truths, but I don't know.

I would like to see the local or state level law enforcement involvement, only, to get this sad situation over

with. The national media is ruining any chance for justice, and you already know my opinion on the two

"useful idiots".

What I would like to know is: How can you and I knowing about this case and forming opinions on it based

on very likely propaganda, do any good when a DA and the Sanford Police don't think it should be pursued?

If there were procedural problems, the State of Florida should deal with this. Allowing in Sharpton and Jackson

to do their voodoo to it is only pouring gas on the fire, along with most media outlets nationwide. They and

the Panthers are already trying to incite riots. Now what good is that? Where will that lead us? Only more

people will get hurt in the process and nothing good will come of this whole affair.

Greenego, maybe you should run for office in Sanford, FL. Anyway, that ain't the way the process works. I'm

sure a Grand Jury will or has heard this case. The local police deal with this kind of stuff. They might know

more than us. We'll find out soon enough.

Jackson and Sharpton are not spokesmen for blacks. They were given that title by the media. There is no such thing s a black leader unless you count all of the U.S. Presidents. Millions of hard working black people go ignored everyday while living productive lives. They are overshadowed by a element that will never change, but they carry the burden of that stereotype for a lifetime.

Peace,

If you look past the media hype, and what was observed by the cops, it would be easy to mistake this as self defense. There was an eye witness that confirmed Zimmerman's story. Zimmerman was taken to the police station, and was interviewed. They just didn't charge him. That happens every day with self defense shootings.

The race of either party doesn't matter to me, but it sure matters to the media, and the two guys that make their living off race issues. It matters so much that they will ignore ANY of the evidence.

I'm sick of the media, and I'm sick of Jesse and Al.FWIW, I kinda like Al when he's not being a total ass.

Guest profgunner

According to the Boston globe, "Civil rights activist Al Sharpton, who has been appearing at rallies with Martin’s parents to call for an arrest, said the Justice Department should investigate the case as a hate crime." Does anybody really believe that Zimmeran went after this kid because he "hates" blacks? Sharpton and Jackson didn't even get interested in this thing until it was already making headlines. I don't think either one of these old hucksters gives a tinkers d*mn about the kid or his family - they just want to be seen on TV and pocket a few dollars on the side. It's all about them.

Edited by profgunner
Guest profgunner

They are overshadowed by a element that will never change, but they carry the burden of that stereotype for a lifetime.

I am very curious to know what you mean by this statement. Can you elaborate?

I am very curious to know what you mean by this statement. Can you elaborate?

The element that will never change are the young gangster types that obviously scare the hell out of everyone and give all people of color a bad name.

Guest profgunner

The element that will never change are the young gangster types that obviously scare the hell out of everyone and give all people of color a bad name.

I believe the culture can change, but it won't happen overnight and it won't be easy. As others on this board have pointed out, the stark reality is that young black males commit a disproportionately large number of violent crimes (see FBI crime statistics: http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats ) . The causes are complex. The image of the dangerous young black man is reinforced by the media and in popular music to the extent that impressionable kids are keen to embrace the "gangsta" look. I think Bill Cosby is right on the mark. It's not the color of your skin, rather it is the culture in which you form your values that seems to matter most.