Ruger Suspends Taking New Retail Orders?

I don’t think the Ruger announcement has too much to do with politics though. Sure, sales will be up prior to an election. Especially when the incumbent openly says he wants to outlaw guns.

Many popular guns that aren’t getting large contracts that allow the justification of increased production are hard to find. M&P’s and Glocks are all over the place and you can find good pricing because the manufacturers can justify adding machinery and personnel to build that product line.

Try to find a good “Deal†on a high end production guns. They are few and far between because the market won’t justify the increase in tooling and personnel costs to increase production. We always want the “next new thing†or the next piece of junk at bottom feeder prices.

These guns and ammo prices are like gas prices though, once they go up they never get back down to where they were because people will pay them.

I'm gonna have to step on some toes and say the nra has done more to raise prices by fear mongering for donations then anything else. Obama doesn't have the clout or ability to enact anti-gun legislation no matter how much the media and the nra tell us otherwise. I know where his stance is but he will not be able to even do as much as Clinton did. Just a fact.

I agree. Just like people don't like to look back at Bush don't look back to 1998 or 2008 to attempt to get people on the crazy train. Obama is a terrible president, but he hasn't done anything to show that he is after my weapons stash.

After I renewed my NRA membership in january I have received more calls from them attempting to freak me out and make more donations to stop gun seizures. I spent a small mint on guns and ammo in '08. I won't be sucked into doing again this year. I'll wait and buy from others who buy/pay too much this time around.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gif

Obama and the Brady bunch didn’t do anything last election and I doubt they will get anything done after this election. Will they try? Absolutely. Will they get anything done that can trump States Rights or the recent SCOTUS decisions? Doubtful.

That's right, but the manufacturers don't want you to believe that. Neither do places like CTD. I still have a scab on my butt from what I allowed them to do to me in '08.

How much you wanna bet. Guns have become way to mainstream, TV shows, Wal-mart selling assault rifles, every other person in the US seems to have a HCP permit. A female US Congresswoman attempted assassination and murder of young girl in the process does not even hardly raise an anti gun news story. He will be re-elected, nothing will happen to our gun rights and we will have pay a premium and endure shortages until the fearmongering subsides.

I will sit tight this time around. My primary shooting will be with my .22 based weapons until things cool down.

The NRA is over the top right now. There ARE some real threats. Obama's ability to flip the balance in the Supreme Court is real.

That’s true. But the SCOTUS split the baby in half on the 2nd amendment rulings because they had no other real option. And that won’t change.

But I do hate to see Obama get to pick Justices. I think he is intentionally doing everything he can do to destroy this county and he will without a doubt make the worst possible choices.

When they come and kick in your door to take your guns and ammo, you'll just have more guns and ammo for them to take. And a lot less money.

Well I guess I will just have to send more to the NRA so that does not happen. What most fanatics on both side of the issue dont realize is that neither side wants to win this battle, they just want to keep it going. If one side wins either way the money flow will stop. There is no money to be made by winning the war, only fighting it. Should the NRA obtain total victory and create a law that would forever take away the threat that we could lose our firearms do you realize how many people that work for the NRA would be out of a job. Same goes for the anti gun lobby. Trust me both sides will play this game long after you and I are both dead and gone. There will be small victories on both sides to keep the masses sending money to fight on, but if one side obtains total victory they both lose in the long run and they know it. The gun rights issue is not about principals or peoples rights any more it is just another way the American are being duped by a bunch of lawyers and lobbyists.

• Like 4

That’s true. But the SCOTUS split the baby in half on the 2nd amendment rulings because they had no other real option. And that won’t change.

But I do hate to see Obama get to pick Justices. I think he is intentionally doing everything he can do to destroy this county and he will without a doubt make the worst possible choices.

Obama is not a good leader, but I think that it would be counter productive for a thieving polititian to destroy the country. He has years of speaking and lobbying fees to look forward to. He can't make that money if he destroys the country.

Well I guess I will just have to send more to the NRA so that does not happen. What most fanatics on both side of the issue dont realize is that neither side wants to win this battle, they just want to keep it going. If one side wins either way the money flow will stop. There is no money to be made by winning the war, only fighting it. Should the NRA obtain total victory and create a law that would forever take away the threat that we could lose our firearms do you realize how many people that work for the NRA would be out of a job. Same goes for the anti gun lobby. Trust me both sides will play this game long after you and I are both dead and gone. There will be small victories on both sides to keep the masses sending money to fight on, but if one side obtains total victory they both lose in the long run and they know it. The gun rights issue is not about principals or peoples rights any more it is just another way the American are being duped by a bunch of lawyers and lobbyists.

Sort of sounds like the two partys always competing for the white house, but people keep buying it.

Obama is not a good leader, but I think that it would be counter productive for a thieving polititian to destroy the country. He has years of speaking and lobbying fees to look forward to. He can't make that money if he destroys the country.

Everyone knows Obama doesn't care about this country. Everyone knows – once voted out of office or term limit is reached – Obama plans on moving to the Middle East with the rest of his peeps. DUH!

That's where I disagree with most folks on this board. I don't think his goal is to destroy the country, whether it's the end result or not. What's to gain? He's just a Libtard, and other Libtards love him.

All he does is apologize to foreign countries for things we have done. He can take that circus on a world tour and make millions. What better propaganda tool than an ex U.S. President.

• Like 1

That's where I disagree with most folks on this board. I don't think his goal is to destroy the country, whether it's the end result or not. What's to gain? He's just a Libtard, and other Libtards love him.

You need to see what the real liberals out there think before you make this statement. I watch Real Time with Bill Maher pretty regularly. Dont agree with him on many issues but I do find him entertaining. His show is magnet and a forum for liberals to speak out and most if not all of the hard core liberals on his show consider Obama to not be a liberal at all. Most think of him as a centerist who wont stand up to the Republicans and push through enough of the liberal agenda.

You need to see what the real liberals out there think before you make this statement. I watch Real Time with Bill Maher pretty regularly. Dont agree with him on many issues but I do find him entertaining. His show is magnet and a forum for liberals to speak out and most if not all of the hard core liberals on his show consider Obama to not be a liberal at all. Most think of him as a centerist who wont stand up to the Republicans and push through enough of the liberal agenda.

Many people have a difficult time distinguishing the difference, especially as the times change. Kind of like those who keep begging for someone more like Reagan, when in fact (or in my opinion, anyway), Reagan could hardly be considered a true conservative by today's standards.

Huh? I watch Mahr almost every week, and know a LOT of hardcore liberals. I certainly don't base everything on TV. The gun hating, tree hugging, granola crunchin' liberals I know love Obama. Hell, I live with one. I gave her an AR-15, and she doesn't even play with it.

Whatever his intent, the result is similar to a kid with a box of matches and a can of gas.

• Like 1

You know we could all just vote republican...put down the "tea party" "ron paul" mantle and work together...hold our nose and realize that if we don't all vote republican we are just as guilty for any new gun laws as the people writing them.

You have nothing to fear from Obama if he doesn't get elected...just saying....

As if Romney would be any more gun friendly than Obama. I don't want Romney to be president any more than I want Obama to be president and I don't want Obama to be president [again] any less than I want Romney to be president. So, since Romney will likely be the Republicrat candidate, just voting Republicrat isn't a solution, to my mind. After all, the Republicrats we put into office here in TN last time have pretty much shafted us on expanding gun rights. No reason to believe that Republicrats at the federal level would do any different.

Edited by JAB

As if Romney would be any more gun friendly than Obama. I don't want Romney to be president any more than I want Obama to be president and I don't want Obama to be president [again] any less than I want Romney to be president. So, since Romney will likely be the Republicrat candidate, just voting Republicrat isn't a solution, to my mind. After all, the Republicrats we put into office here in TN last time have pretty much shafted us on expanding gun rights. No reason to believe that Republicrats at the federal level would do any different.

If you only vote for President based on "gun friendliness" then I feel very sorry for you.