A reason to carry

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

If this isn't a reason to carry then there isn't one. Thank God not in TN yet..

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Men dressed in black with covered faces are hunting and then slashing random strangers with razor blades as part of a gang initiation, police warned residents. Investigators said a gang in Flagler County is sending its future members to Daytona Beach to seek out victims to cut.

Once a gang recruit slashes a stranger, he gains the respect of his peers and is inducted into their underground society, police told Local 6's Tarik Minor.The latest victims have prompted a warning to the community from police."It could be anybody they see," Daytona Beach police Sgt. Bill Walden said. "In both incidents, it was just someone walking down the road, taken by surprise."Joshua Burgundy, one of the victims, required 22 staples after suffering slash wounds on his abdomen and back."That's close to my heart, you know. Just a little bit up would've been my heart," Burgundy said, showing his scars. "I thought I was going to die. I mean, that was the only thing that was going through my mind."Burgundy and another victim told Daytona Beach police that the assailants jumped out of a car, approached them and slashed them with razor blades without saying a word."Even when they left they did not say one word. They didn't try to go in my pockets. They didn't try to take anything from me. They didn't ask for anything. I just felt they were out to kill me," Burgundy said.Burgundy said the assailants were wearing all-black clothing with red bandanas covering their faces.Dozens of stitches were required for the other victim's wounds, police said.

Edited by nraforlife
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

black outfits, red bandanas over face ? i might have gone to threat level one. gun in hand.

Exactly... one would have to be totally in condition-white to be unaware of being approached like that. I'm sure the amount of reaction time one would be given is low, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the presentation of a weapon would make them think twice about what they were about to do (...right before a Gold-Dot cuts that thought short).

Guest atomemphis

i have already reached threat level purple from reading that and will be extra wary.

Also, I think its time to ban razorblades that aren't on a fixed base.

Guest eyebedam
i have already reached threat level purple from reading that and will be extra wary.

Also, I think its time to ban razorblades that aren't on a fixed base.

Just give Uselton time. Its the next thing on his agenda.

Guest mikedwood
black outfits, red bandanas over face ? i might have gone to threat level one. gun in hand.

Add with a razor and that sounds like the time to elevate the threat level to pull the trigger.

Guest db99wj
Add with a razor and that sounds like the time to elevate the threat level to pull the trigger.

Exactly, take a razer blade, like a box cutter, onto an airplane and you are considered a terrorist. I see someone coming at you with one of those as a situation where a threat needs to be eliminated.