Shipping Handgun to Individual in TN For Sale

Guest 270win

Guest 270win

Have any of you been refused by FedEx to ship a handgun in a private sale to an individual in TN? I know this is legal but will a shipper send the handgun through?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canebreaker

What I've read is you will have to send it to a dealer. Or you carry it to a dealer to be shipped to the buyer.

Out of state is dealer to dealer.

Have any of you been refused by FedEx to ship a handgun in a private sale to an individual in TN? I know this is legal but will a shipper send the handgun through?

It is not in FedEx's TOS to send between unlicensed individuals period.

It is in UPS's to do it, but good luck if you notify. Under federal law (FAQ on BATF site is wrong) you only have to notify if NOT sending to licensee in INTERstate shipment, but UPS's TOS says you have to notify -- not federal law, but UPS rules.

It is also UPS policy to send handguns some form of overnight -- again, not federal law.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

What I've read is you will have to send it to a dealer. Or you carry it to a dealer to be shipped to the buyer.

Out of state is dealer to dealer.

Of course an individual can send guns to a FFL in any state. Both UPS and FedEx will do it. Or USPS if long gun.

- OS

Guest 270win

Yeah this would be an in state person, I just didn't know if FedEx would deny the shipment because of some policy they may have. It would cost more to drive to east tenn than to just ship the handgun.

Edited by 270win

Yeah this would be an in state person, I just didn't know if FedEx would deny the shipment because of some policy they may have. It would cost more to drive to east tenn than to just ship the handgun.

Handguns have to be sent some form of overnight also, by their policy. However, as I said, FedEx will almost certainly NOT ship it between individuals, it is NOT in their TOS to do so, if you notify it's a gun, as you are supposed to under their TOS also (but not under federal law since not going interstate).

- OS